Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SGIA Questions--my first time going....

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by depps74, Oct 8, 2018.

1. depps74

depps74 Member

Apr 28, 2016
    ct
    It's my first SGIA trade show and I am wondering a few things.

1. Are samples from distributors and manufacturers available? IF so should I bring a big bag or cart to lug them around? this is my primary purpose for going, to see all the printable materials that are available for latex printing?

2. IS there a place to lock your things? I'm checking out of my hotel on Friday so I gotta lug all my stuff around. Any ideas or experience in storing stuff?

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    If this is your first time, bring a BIG BAG! Lots of cool freebies and samples will be available. I am not sure about a place to lock up your things though. Come by and say hello, we will be in Booth #2179

• Like Like x 1
  3. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    1. Yes, absolutely. Something on wheels would be ideal. Last SGIA (and ISA) I ended up leaving stuff in the hotel because I didn't have enough room for everything.
    2. Maybe, depending on the venue, but probably not. You're going to be lugging stuff around with you.

Have fun! I always have a blast at SGIA and ISA.

4. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Tons of freebies and usually they give away bags, but if you have your own, that's fine too.

5. Jun Lanon

Jun Lanon Member

Oct 9, 2018
    California
    Push cart is ideal for freebies. Pass by our booth, we're in front at booth #601.

6. signgal605

signgal605 New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    South Dakota
    Depending on your hotel, they may have a secure area to store your luggage.