• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sh#t, i just got scammed

"Deposit Please"

Damn, i just got scammed. I just purchased a "Fake" Apple ipod nano 5th gen from craigslist. I bought it from a local guy who met me for the exchange. It looked real, i even had the case in my hand before i gave him the money. I didn't find out until i got home. Damn Anyways, i have a pic here with 2 ipod cases (side by side) One is an authentic case that i had for a couple years & the other is the bogus one i just bought. Without doing any research, can you tell which one is the fake??? Now just think how difficult it would be to spot the fake if you didn't have a real case to compare too. I should've brought my real case with me to make that comparison before i made the purchase. I hate myself for that stupidity. Anyways, a lesson learned.

Attachments

• bogusssssssssssssssss.jpg
    bogusssssssssssssssss.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 91

MikePro

was gonna say that maybe the cases are different between generations... but shit, that font is definately different.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I would say left one is fake... the logo looks like a mix of Gil Sans and Helvetica...

just a guess...

TheSnowman

So what does "fake" mean? You didn't get an ipod at all, the ipod was stolen, or it's an ipod that doesn't even turn on?

hydo1

I usually only get used electronics/games/etc from Craigslist people.... buying something new usually means it is either fake or stolen.

SAS

I would say the real one is on the right the "d" in iPod is like the touch case I have on my desk.

skyhigh

if I were hustling fake ipods, I would spin the apple so the bite was on the left. That would be my MO

sorry you got ripped off dude.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
does it work? if so then count yourself lucky. my wife has the real one and it sucks, had to return one and the other still has issues....

"Deposit Please"

It's a fake, total fake or a clone, whatever they call it. Doesn't hold a charge very long, i'm talking minutes before the cheap thing says "Bye Bye". Scroll wheel hesitates to function, itunes on desktop doesn't launch when plugged in, what else, ahhhh and very, very limited function. I shot a few emails to this crook, but not getting any response. The one ipod on the left in the pic in 1st post is the clone. Note, the "d" "0" and "a" is significantly different. Also, the apple logo doesn't sit on the "baseline" with ipod nano on the clone. I'm gonna wait for this SOB to respond. I requested that he give me my money back and i will give him back the clone ipod. Trying to see what my options are right now. Have a few more pics of this "Clone" Note: designed is misspelled.

Attachments

• IIIPOD.jpg
    IIIPOD.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 66
  • iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipod.jpg
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipod.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 64

buttons

It's a fake, total fake or a clone, whatever they call it. Doesn't hold a charge very long, i'm talking minutes before the cheap thing says "Bye Bye". Scroll wheel hesitates to function, itunes on desktop doesn't launch when plugged in, what else, ahhhh and very, very limited function. I shot a few emails to this crook, but not getting any response. The one ipod on the left in the pic in 1st post is the clone. Note, the "d" "0" and "a" is significantly different. Also, the apple logo doesn't sit on the "baseline" with ipod nano on the clone. I'm gonna wait for this SOB to respond. I requested that he give me my money back and i will give him back the clone ipod. Trying to see what my options are right now. Have a few more pics of this "Clone" Note: designed is misspelled.

don't hold your breath while waiting. :thumb:

Should have opened it up in front of him before giving him the money.

SAS

I would give it a few days and get a friend to call him, if he has another set up somewhere to met him. If he doesn't have one he may have got scammed and just wanted to pass it off.

Brandon708

damn thats messed up. Thanks for the warning though. I hope you run into that guy again in the future.

I have the same ipod nano. (the real one) How much was he selling the fake for?