• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shade Cloth

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I have a customer that the dugouts at the baseball fields use a black mesh shade cloth around them. The old ones are shot and they want the new ones with logo's printed, screened, painted, whatever.

Anyone have any ideas how to get a durable logo on these? Or someone that can print them up for us?
The material is a black mesh cloth just about like a greenhouse shade cloth.

About 5 or 6 years ago I did some solar screens for a company to use at a trade show but nothing that was intended to be outdoors for a several year time period. We used thinned One Shot sprayed through cut stencils.

I won't accept a job if we are not able to stand behind it.

Thanks for your help.

weaselboogie

I think you'd be printing on mesh banner material.

Any large print house could do these for you... like Merrit. I don't recall if Dennis from D&T has done these before, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ink for Printing on Shade Cloth

Hi Mike

You are right. Printing on knitted HDPE shade cloth mesh also known as shadenet does not work with your normal inks. HDPE shade cloth mesh is an oily substrate so nothing sticks to it and it cracks and peels off. We have been in the shadenet, shade cloth and shade structure business for over thirty years and due to this frustration, developed an ink for printing on shade cloth and have been supplying and using it for 6 to 8 years now with great success. It can be screenprinted or spraypainted, or even painted onto the shadenet. It is a water-based clear base and can be pigmented with your own water-based pigments and thickened with the usual thickener. To see some of the jobs done with it go to www.shadesolutions.co.za and for more info on the ink www.shadenetink.com. Shout if you need more help getting it sorted. All the best, Robin

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Thank,
We will be getting in touch with you as the project develops.

I just have to say that this site is a GOD send for the industry and I cannot believe I did not join sooner.

Thank you all.