• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shadow/transparency effects turn purple

Sherry2006

Anyone have an issue with dropshadow or transparency effects? I've got a SP-300 and am using Corel Draw wit Colorip and it seems whenever I print an image with a dropshadow or transparency effect applied, it fades from purple to clear, not black to clear. really annoying when trying to produce a good effect. Any inputs?? I've played around with different profiles, none seem to change it.

oakcitysigns

I think perhaps you need to look at what values you're using for your black. A good black should include all of your CMYK colors. I typically use 20 20 20 100 for a nice rich black.

GK

Are you printing it directly as an eps file? Sometimes RIPs have a hard time translating that information into printable data. Try rasterizing the file if this is the case and printing as a .tif