• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sharing Links

kylebrk

What is your stance on Sign Shops in good standing linking to each other for the sake of SEO?

We just redid our website: www.eight38signco.com

Now the pretty part and the functional part are done, it's time for the making money part.

Any ideas?

JoshLoring

Could be good but only if they are BOTH in good standing. Better to anchor link "state vehicle wraps" (California vehicle wraps) etc etc..

CES020

Why would you want to link to people that compete with you? Doesn't that sound counterproductive to you? Would you put all those people's business cards on your front counter? Would you put all their contact info on all your brochures and send them to customers? It's no different doing that, and putting links on your site to them.

There are plenty of ways to help your SEO without putting other sign shops websites on your website, in my opinion.

kylebrk

CES020 said:
Why would you want to link to people that compete with you? Doesn't that sound counterproductive to you? Would you put all those people's business cards on your front counter? Would you put all their contact info on all your brochures and send them to customers? It's no different doing that, and putting links on your site to them.

There are plenty of ways to help your SEO without putting other sign shops websites on your website, in my opinion.

Your logic is faulty in that a customer in the market for a vehicle wrap in north central Indiana could care less about anyone outside a 100 mile radius. Getting the people within that distance to find me when they search on google is a big deal.

Having a shop like Josh's out of southern California would give me credibility. Google loves credibility. A customer looking in my region, wouldn't be interested Josh if he was giving them away. 2500 miles is too much to be considered a competitor.

JoshLoring

I'f you search around the 300+ pages of my site.. I link to other like companies. It creates legitimacy for what you do. Links from like business are gold in seo and two way links are even better.
A link from a site on page one with a high page rank would be gold.. No.. Platinum. It's more a matter of the anchor text that used.

JoshLoring

In fact.. I'm willing to do an experiment.

838- let's trade "Indiana Vehicle Wraps" on my site for "San Diego Vehicle Wraps" on your site. I'll link every page on my site at the bottom of the page for the same on yours.

CES020

Your logic is faulty in that a customer in the market for a vehicle wrap in north central Indiana could care less about anyone outside a 100 mile radius. Getting the people within that distance to find me when they search on google is a big deal.

Having a shop like Josh's out of southern California would give me credibility. Google loves credibility. A customer looking in my region, wouldn't be interested Josh if he was giving them away. 2500 miles is too much to be considered a competitor.

My logic isn't faulty, your original post was. Where did you say posting links to sign shops outside your market? You didn't. Had you said that up front, it would have made a difference in the reply.

kylebrk

In fact.. I'm willing to do an experiment.

838- let's trade "Indiana Vehicle Wraps" on my site for "San Diego Vehicle Wraps" on your site. I'll link every page on my site at the bottom of the page for the same on yours.

Awesome. I'll have my web developer email you! PM your email addy?

kylebrk

My logic isn't faulty, your original post was. Where did you say posting links to sign shops outside your market? You didn't. Had you said that up front, it would have made a difference in the reply.

I apologize. I had hoped the original assumption would be that I wasn't an idiot. However, you dont know me. That might be asking too much. So I'll introduce myself:

Hi! Im Kyle. Im not idiot! Nice to meet you.

kylebrk

JoshLoring said:
Facebook is blah... Concentrate on the web for real conversions

We're utilizing it for brand recognition and education. I'm only two years old. A "conversion" for me is as simple as someone realizing I'm an option in their geography. I'm still testing to see if Facebook is viable for that.

JoshLoring

True. Facebook is good for getting people to like you and what your about. If you want local conversions just get a free places account.

Check out my blog if you get a chance... I tap into this stuff all the time.

JoshLoring

If anyone else wants to trade me anchor links- feel free to PM. Try and have an established site if you want to exchange. With Googles current algorithm, anchor linking city or state keywords can help you dominate your local market.

A link from sites like mine for your " 'state' vehicle wraps" could probobly put you page one for that term unless you've got mad competition.