• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sharing Violation while opening.fs file

102RCR

Has anyone ever had this problem? I created the file in flexi did what i needed and printed. Few weeks go by and I need to get into the file, when I went to open it loads the loading bar to 70% or so and says unable to open file sharing violation. I was just working on another job and Flexi froze typical "not responding " and closes down. I reboot fire every thing up and now it won't let me in the file I was just in because of "sharing violation". Running windows 7, flexi12 just within the last few days fs is doggy and now I can't open my own files. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall fs?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Before you run out into traffic try something like 'Unlocker'. It's one of a plethora of free utilities that straighten out files that think that they're open, locked, etc. when they're not.

102RCR

Bob, Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded it unlocked everything that was on the list and tried it and it's doing the same thing. Thing that makes me mad the most is I saved the file in fs format and EPS so that if I had any trouble I could revert back to the other. Well, neither one of them work.... Back to the drawing board I guess.

visual800

send me both files and let me see if I can open.....visual800@charter.net.
have you noticed this on other files or just this one

bannertime

Just a strange suggestion that I'd try for kicks, if it happened to me. Can you move them to a thumbdrive or another HD and try opening them from that location instead?

102RCR

Visual, ironically it has only happened to these two files which are related by that they are for the same customer.

Bannertime. I store all my files on a separate hd, I tried moving them to the desktop with no success. I finally got one of the files recovered by going to the preference manager and resetting it back to default. The other file I believe is gone because of using another program trying convert it, it converted it to a jpg which is terrible and pixelated .

Flexi in general is running terrible slow not really the computer itself. At the end of the week I think I'm going to reinstall Flexi and see how it runs. If it is still doing the same thing I will probably reinstall the OS.

102RCR

Visual800 I just read in another post you were talking about File size and shouldn't that large when talking about exporting them. That might be part of my problem as well, I have some very large files that are wraps for racecars. How would you go about making the files smaller?

bannertime

Yup, figures. The next thing I'd have suggested was to edit the shared file permissions, which you said you tried.

Other things that happens with Flexi files: Flexi tries to save over an EPS or whatever file extension as an FS file, keeping the wrong file extension, instead of creating a new FS file. However I think that error pops up with "Wrong file type." or "File corrupted." To fix that, you simply change the file extension at the end of the file name.

That size file shouldn't be too large to export that it causes problems. I've successfully exported files over a GB before, for no other reason than it was an accident.

102RCR

Yup, figures. The next thing I'd have suggested was to edit the shared file permissions, which you said you tried.

Other things that happens with Flexi files: Flexi tries to save over an EPS or whatever file extension as an FS file, keeping the wrong file extension, instead of creating a new FS file. However I think that error pops up with "Wrong file type." or "File corrupted." To fix that, you simply change the file extension at the end of the file name.

That size file shouldn't be too large to export that it causes problems. I've successfully exported files over a GB before, for no other reason than it was an accident.

I don't feel so bad now then. I have a few design files that are 500mb where there's a ton of graphics and multiple designs. Of course i'm not sending them anywhere anyways. I have wonder myself how other designers and getting the files smaller. I just recently started designing at 10% instead of 100%. I haven't figured out how to rasterize though. When you rasterize it at 100% and 200dpi it doesn't do any good to downsize it back to 10%.