• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

She Just Has No Luck

WildWestDesigns

Alicia loves having Macs, but they just don't love her back.

I know I mentioned when she had the Mac Air, she had that catastrophic SSD failure with less then 2 yrs on the clock (she also had that kernal issue that GG had as well at one time). Luckily we were able to back that up and upload that to her new MacBook Pro.

Now less then 3 months of owning it, her wireless is dropping out every 10 seconds and I tried hooking up the ethernet for the first time. Didn't work period. She had googled about the wireless and apparently that's somewhat common. She hasn't looked yet about the ethernet not working right out of the box.

I'm sorry, but this just shouldn't happen with this much frequency with the cost of these things and she is a light user (very light). I just laugh (silently).

ThinkRight

:ROFLMAO:

From reading on the AppleBots . org board , it is user error !
Macs never break down and are never gonna have problems with hackers and spyware .
They also said you might have just gotten an imitation, cause macs are gods gift to us.

/ sarc-off

Sorry about the troubles...
Remember ,
If it is man-made , it's gonna break.

WildWestDesigns

From reading on the AppleBots . org board , it is user error !
Macs never break down and are never gonna have problems with hackers and spyware .
They also said you might have just gotten an imitation, cause macs are gods gift to us.

/ sarc-off

Sorry about the troubles...
Remember ,
If it is man-made , it's gonna break.

Absolutely. She really likes Macs, but she just no luck with them. I was hoping, at least with regard to the wireless, that maybe the keychain got corrupted, so I went through that process. No dice.

That would probably have been the simplest that my unsophisticated mind could handle with the Macs.

It all started when I had got my Cintiq tablet and started using that for wireless browsing and some night time sketches and she was trying to blame my Cintiq for that (not really, but she did have to point out the timing of it all).

WildWestDesigns

The apple does not fall very far from the tree. Quit putting your bad juju on the poor girl's Macs.

Oh no, don't give her any ideas. She would just be looking for any excuse.

Maybe I'll just put Linux on it (I think I would be out in the cold if I did that), maybe that's what it's crying out for.

It could just be some setting that was switched the wrong way. I'll just have to see what I can find out.

WildWestDesigns

I just thought I would do an update on this.

John was very helpful off list with trying some things. I had thought we had the wireless issue taken care of, but after about a day and a half it came back. Tried the same thing again and it didn't do anything this time.

Ethernet port never got back to working as far as the internet goes. While trying to do something things, also noticed some hit or miss with the USB ports as well, but it did work on the iMac.

I have a friend who repairs Macs looking at it to see if it is still something that got corrupted and be cleaned out or if it needs to be sent off for some major warranty work.

Apparently, Alicia had found out that the ethernet issue is also a common issue with the new MacBooks as well.

Not what I expected to have to deal with after 3 months of her owning it, especially right off having to deal with an SSD failure after 2 yrs of owning a Mac Air.