Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheep Signs for 4H

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by 54warrior, Aug 3, 2010.

1. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    A friend of mine's children raise lambs as part of their local 4H club. They show them at the county fair each year, and wanted some signs to display near the pens at the fair barn. Here is what I came up with. What do you all think? They've already been printed 18"x24" on coroplast and they were extremely happy with them.

All vector in CorelDraw X3.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Perks

Perks Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Ant time you can incorporate pictorials is a plus...I like the center one

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Not sure if sheep are anything like goats, but dude...there were like 20 different categories for winners this year, and each one had to have one specific goat on the sign. I was losing my mind making those this year.

4. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania

I have no idea, but I'm sure there probably are different classes. She said 'hey can you make me a sign with my kids name and their sheeps names on it' LOL

5. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    While they are 1000% better than most of the hand made puffy paint and marker signs I see at the Butler Farm Show, they are all kind of hard to read and break a couple design rules
    (middle one needs more negative space, I never use more than one script per layout, and I try not to arch script)
    But again, miles ahead of most 4H type signs.
    :)
    I like the first one the best.
    Love....Jill

6. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for your critique Jill. These will be used at Armstrong County Fair, in my hometown of Dayton, PA. Have you ever been there?

The first one (green one) was the first one I did, they liked it so much they asked me then to do the other two. I had several other 'better' (IMO) versions of the middle one, but they liked the one shown so thats what we went with.

Thanks again for your critique. I learn a little more with every project that I work on.

7. Jillbeans

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I have never been to that fair, but if you're from Dayton I bet you put a "t" on the end of "Behind".
    :)
    Like I said, you should see some of the things people hang up here in Butler County.

8. Marco

Marco Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    mama mia?!?

Im lost here. Sheep? I like the green one, but not sure wth it relates to. :doh::banghead:

9. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania

Out here, the country folk have their kids raise lambs, which they groom/walk/show at local county fairs and are judged. The animals in question are housed at the fair during the week, and the kids put up signs to represent themselves and the names of their sheeps, for the spectators who walk through all of the barns. (there are steers, pigs, horses, goats, chickens, and other farm animals that are raised/judged just the same) This lady has a son with three sheep: Lulu, Jessie & Andy. Her daughters are: Allie, Belle, Chanel, and Merle.

Hope that clears things up.

10. Marco

Marco Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    yikes...

:doh::doh::doh:
    Sorry about that, thank you very much, sounds fun, awesome, now I get it.:thankyou:

11. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

I like the green layout. :thumb:

12. k.a.s.

k.a.s. Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2003
    NE ohio
    They all look pretty good, but I agree with Jill arched script is a no-no. I really like the one on the right.

On a side note I have been to the Dayton PA fair several times and usally make it to Jill's Butler farm show every year. Both very nice fairs. I hope to be at the BFS next Tuesday, if we have the tractor put together.

kevin

13. Jillbeans

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA