• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Sheet cut in Onyx?

MGB_LE

We are running a HP Latex 570 with Postershop 21. Years ago when we started with Postershop 6 and our HP Designjet 5500, there was the option to cut each sheet, say if you were printing a 36" roll, you could trim at 24" and have a stack of 24x36 prints trimmed to size right off the printer.

Our flatbed cutter is tied up with another project. I was hoping to sheet trim some posters off the HP Latex 570 that have crop marks, and take those sheets to our guillotine cutter for final trimming. My operator says he can only find information on Cut Server but no longer the option cut between copies of a file.

Has this option been removed? I took a look also and can't seem to locate it.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would like to say it's possible but I hope you understand it's extremely time wasting as the printer has to finish the print first, cool down, cut, heat back up and start the next sheet.
It is totally not worth to use it.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
ahh good to know as I've only used the 300 series HPs, though the only reason I would like it would be counterproductive as it's what you explained to the OP already.
It's very useful to normally cut your job after printing, just not so much for printing sheets.
Fun fact today the whole latex series (115, 315, 335, 365, 700, 800) has X-cutter. Only L110, 310 and 330 were missing it.

AGCharlotte

It's very useful to normally cut your job after printing, just not so much for printing sheets.
Fun fact today the whole latex series (115, 315, 335, 365, 700, 800) has X-cutter. Only L110, 310 and 330 were missing it.
yeah... it'd be useful, but I do miss the auto-sheet cut that I had on my old canon. Was great for running blueprints. Obviously we've now narrowed down which model I have of Latex. :)

MGB_LE

We have a 100" Sabre Keencut. How we resolved this was to use razor slice the prints one by one as they printed. Then we used the Keencut to cut two straight edges. Finally finished up the rest on our guillotine cutter. 110 posters total.