• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet Cut not working

pabacker66

I am running an XC 540. My "sheet cut" feature has not been working for about a year now, but now that I am a member here, I thought I would throw the problem out there and see if anyone can help. When I try to perform a "sheet cut" the carriage runs out all the way to the left and then runs back rapidly just like it is supposed to. All is normal...except it doesn't cut anything. I'm not sure what other details to include. It's just bizarre.

splizaat

Sounds like the mechanism that drops the actual blade down isn't functioning...

in your menu also make sure the "media clamp" it set to short(not long) and that you actually have the short clamps installed. If you have the long clamps installed it won't allow cutting...and will screw the machine up if it does.

CS-SignSupply

May need to perform the Limit/Cut Down Position... normally done by a dealer while in Service Mode.

You may also want to make sure the sheet cut blade is actually still there... had a client that found their blade in the bottom of the serge sponge area.

Either No blade, assembly problem or calibration issue with limit/cut-down

pabacker66

I have a blade- so no problem there, and I can't see an assembly problem (but that doesn't mean there isn't one) I will start with the limit/cut-down and I will update afterwards. Thanks guys

pabacker66

So I did the limit/cut down position and I got a change, but it's still not working. The sheet blade is cutting through my vinyl, but not cutting through the paper backing as you can see in the pic below. I went ahead and changed to a new blade just to make sure that wasn't an issue. I also have attached a pick of the tool carriage - anyone see anything physically wrong with it?

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    106 KB · Views: 457
  • photo[2].JPG
    photo[2].JPG
    21 KB · Views: 355

pabacker66

I believe this is correct. Let me know what you see.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 333
  • photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 437