Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheet Cut not working

Discussion in 'Roland' started by pabacker66, Oct 11, 2012.

1. pabacker66

pabacker66 Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Chapin, SC
    I am running an XC 540. My "sheet cut" feature has not been working for about a year now, but now that I am a member here, I thought I would throw the problem out there and see if anyone can help. When I try to perform a "sheet cut" the carriage runs out all the way to the left and then runs back rapidly just like it is supposed to. All is normal...except it doesn't cut anything. I'm not sure what other details to include. It's just bizarre.

2. pabacker66

pabacker66 Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Chapin, SC
    I can't find anything in the user's manual or the service manual about working on the sheet cut feature.

3. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Sounds like the mechanism that drops the actual blade down isn't functioning...

in your menu also make sure the "media clamp" it set to short(not long) and that you actually have the short clamps installed. If you have the long clamps installed it won't allow cutting...and will screw the machine up if it does.

4. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

May need to perform the Limit/Cut Down Position... normally done by a dealer while in Service Mode.

You may also want to make sure the sheet cut blade is actually still there... had a client that found their blade in the bottom of the serge sponge area.

Either No blade, assembly problem or calibration issue with limit/cut-down

5. pabacker66

pabacker66 Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Chapin, SC
    I have a blade- so no problem there, and I can't see an assembly problem (but that doesn't mean there isn't one) I will start with the limit/cut-down and I will update afterwards. Thanks guys

6. pabacker66

pabacker66 Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Chapin, SC
    So I did the limit/cut down position and I got a change, but it's still not working. The sheet blade is cutting through my vinyl, but not cutting through the paper backing as you can see in the pic below. I went ahead and changed to a new blade just to make sure that wasn't an issue. I also have attached a pick of the tool carriage - anyone see anything physically wrong with it?

Attached Files:

7. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Unscrew the white knob and pull out the blade... is it seated properly? pic?

8. pabacker66

pabacker66 Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Chapin, SC
    I believe this is correct. Let me know what you see.

Attached Files:

9. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Same way I set mine using the indexing notch.