• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet cut on Versacamm not cutting

Drip Dry

Recently, I replaced the cut carriage cable on my Versacamm. All works well now, but since then, I can't get the sheet cut to work.

Problem: When I press sheet cut, the carriage moves to the left as normal. It stops almost all the way to the left and then creeps a little further. There is a post that is mounted to the sideframe that the head moves against. This is what presses against the actuator arm and drives the sheet cut blade down. I assume this is normal.

Once the head starts to move to the left again, the blade moves up. It's not in position to cut.
I can move the actuator by hand and the blade stays down and cuts.

So, I think the problem is that the head is not traveling to the left far enough to drive the blade down and lock it in.

Does anyone know of the adjustment to make it go further to the left ( either manual or by software)
It worked fine before I changed the cable.
I never took the encoder strip out. Everything else works fine

Drip Dry

Thanks Mike

That did the trick.

It was in my instructions as the last step, but didn't do it.
I have to learn to read

Thanks

cnysigns

We replaced our cutter carriage board and now the sheet cutter will not retract.. comes down and cuts but won't go back up. Any thoughts

GTSTech_1

We replaced our cutter carriage board and now the sheet cutter will not retract.. comes down and cuts but won't go back up. Any thoughts

My guess is the little spring on the backside of the sheet cut is missing and no tension on the cutter to bring it back up.

Just my .02