• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sheet cut

WOODBS

my sp300v not sheet cutting, it goes across material and drops blade down but quickly raises back uo and comes back across material...no cut? any ideas thanks

rozankan

SP-300v Sheet Cut Assembly

This can be caused by a few things. With the SP-300v, the way it sheet cuts is when it engages on the left hand side of the machine the wheel pushes down on a plate. The pressure the plate puts on the wheel keeps the blade down until it reaches the other side of the machine. If the plate is not level on the left it would cause this problem. If the sheet cut assembly is damaged (not straight, spring lost, lever broken) then it would cause this too. In both scenarios, we'd recommend contacting a Roland authorized dealer to look at the printer.

Hope this information helps.

Feel free to PM or call our Technical Support Department at 1-800-542-2307 and Press "1".

----------------------
Robert Ozankan
Senior Product Manager - Color Products
Roland DGA

jfiscus

Rap Master
I believe that your blade carriage isn't going all the way over to the far left end and hitting the spot where it bumps the carriage to drop the blade.

In service mode there is a function to set up the sheet cut. I can't remember where it is or how to get to it, but I had to do it about a year ago on my SP540V. After I set it, it sheet cut like never before. The setup involves going to the function & manually moving the blade carriage over to where it hits the button dropping the blade, then telling the printer to proceed, this was part of a resetting/calibration prochedure after I replaced the carriage motor IIRC.

Good luck!