• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet Cutting

DizzyMarkus

I have a SP-300V that has recently wanted to pause for a brief second before completing the sheet cut function. I complete my printing etc and hit sheet cut -- it is as normal with the carriage going all the way to the left side, blade mech dropping and beginning the sheet cut. About 3" - 4" in, it stops for a very brief second, beeps and continues to cut as normal. I just changed the blade thinking that may be it -- unsure what to check now. Would anyone have any suggestions?

thank you greatly,
Markus

DizzyMarkus

No suggestions? -- hmmm thought this was wierd hehe

Small update:
I tried with a sheet smaller than I normaly use -- the head still stops in the same position for the same amount of time -- beeps once and continues. Paper or no paper under the head-- it still stops about 4" into its path.

thanks folks,
Markus

kanini

We also have a SP-300V and it doesn't do that, don't know what it could be though. But I don't think it should do that...?

DizzyMarkus

Agreed and it never has until about a week or so ago -- no error codes and continues as normal-- what gets me is material or no material, it still stops at the same point and does it in sheet cut only :0)

thank you,
Markus

Hi Dizzy,

Your problem could be a bad ribbon cable that is attached to the cutter. It is sandwiched between two clear plastic guides... all of which travels back and forth while printing and cutting. Eventually, one or more of the wires in this ribbon cable will break. It could be that you have a break that is closed most of the time but is momentarily opened at that particular spot.
The ribbon cable ia a cheap replacement part and should take a service tech about 15 or 20 min to replace. You'll want to replace the two clear plastic guides as well.