• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet media length detection?

ashleighfiddler

Hi all, i'm using Roland versaworks with an xr-640 printer, and I'm trying to figure out how to get the printer/versaworks to detect the length of sheet media. The printer will roll it out and stop at the end, but Versaworks still doesn't display the length, only the width. Not sure if this is a printer or RIP software setting. I've been through my user manuals and can't seem to find the right info. Any advice?

splizaat

Unsure on this but if you know the size of the sheet, you can set the "custom cut" setting in versa works instead of leaving it on "custom roll" and manually plug in the length. That should get you by in the meantime.

ashleighfiddler

i guessed i had about 7 feet left. I was a few inches short. I hate that........:doh:

but thanks for the custom cut tip- looks like maybe if I load a sheet, then select custom cut it may display the length.