• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet Set Error - Set Again

phototec

Hey, I was printing a job on a cut sheet 20" x 36" and although the printer printed the complete image as it was advancing the media to print the two rear cut marks, the printer stopped and is ging an error: Sheet Set Error - Set Again.

I guess this happened because the sheet was not long enough for the job, a few inches too short.

Whe I know this will happen I add a scapo piece of vinyl to the back end of the sheet and tape it on the back with masking tape and it works fine, just need a little extra material for th sensor and feed roller.

So here is my QUESTION, is there any way I can save the job? I can remove the sheet and add a small piece of scrap vinyl to the end, but how do I go about having it start printing where it left off to print the last two cut marks in the right place?

I need to let the job out-gas 24 hours and the laminate and then put it back in the printer to contour cut the job tomorrow, but right now because it stopped printing with the error above, it didn't print the last two cut marks (circles).

I have a Roland SP540V and using VersaWorks. Thanks for any help with this

phototec

Hey, I was printing a job on a cut sheet 20" x 36" and although the printer printed the complete image as it was advancing the media to print the two rear cut marks, the printer stopped and is ging an error: Sheet Set Error - Set Again.

I guess this happened because the sheet was not long enough for the job, a few inches too short.

Whe I know this will happen I add a scapo piece of vinyl to the back end of the sheet and tape it on the back with masking tape and it works fine, just need a little extra material for th sensor and feed roller.

So here is my QUESTION, is there any way I can save the job? I can remove the sheet and add a small piece of scrap vinyl to the end, but how do I go about having it start printing where it left off to print the last two cut marks in the right place?

I need to let the job out-gas 24 hours and the laminate and then put it back in the printer to contour cut the job tomorrow, but right now because it stopped printing with the error above, it didn't print the last two cut marks (circles).

I have a Roland SP540V and using VersaWorks. Thanks for any help with this

Is there any way to do the contour cut on a job that just has the two front cut marks on a Roland printer? I think I remember seeing something many, many years ago about how to use the small little triangle mark that is next to the larger 1/2" black circle used by the sensor to set up the contour cut manually?

DoubleDiamond

We have had this happen often. Two things... first thing is if we can we put a pieco of masking tape over the sensor, but only during this job because it's essential to be there and only do this if you need that extra inch. Second thing is we have a strip of black vinyl dots cut out of regular vinyl. These are the same size as the ones printed and we just place them exactly where thay would have printed. So far it's worked everytime. We do need another one to make this an option in order to have an exact to match to. Worked on our VP and also our XR... everytime. Hope this helps. If not on this job, the next one.
DD