• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet set error

kirkbauguess

I have a Roland EX Pro 2 sc 540. When I press the set up botton, the the head scans the width of the material, comes back to rest, then show this message. Sheet Set Error, set again. I did notice that the head doesn't stop at the last pinch roller any more, it goes to the edge of the material. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Brendan

I havent been on in a while but had this problem recently. Its the flex cable that travels with the head. You will need to replace it. Not expensive but kind of a pita.

GTSTech_1

Make sure your pinchrollers are within(under) the silver tab (grit roller slot).
Reposition them see if it helps. Also check to see if you don't have a small piece of vinyl covering the sensor, at the same time I would clean the sensor eye (Rubbing Alcohol).

My .02

GTSTech_1

digitalwoodshop

My .002 cents would be a blocked sensor with tape or vinyl.

I don't have that machine but just a WAG. (Wild ... Guess)

I am a electronic fix it guy.

AL

Vinyldog

I've watched that cable as the head travels back and forth - it's amazing they don't wear out every day.

cfbeagle

You need to clean the sensor that reads the encoder strip that rides on the print head. Mine does that from time to time and that fixes it.

I use a piece of paper towel and some rubbing alcohol. You will probably need to get into the service menu and run a linear encoder reading and also a linear encoder calibration after you clean it.

// I have a Roland but not this model.

YOU HAVE A DAMAGED CABLE CARD - This is the 99% cure.... and should cost about $40. Be SURE to unplug the printer before working on. This is pretty easy to replace.

kirkbauguess

Hey, replaced cable card, cleaned encoder strip, replace encoder strip with the an old encoder strip that came with printer ( it worked ok, was just old so I replaced it ) and cleaned the sensor. Still same issue. Does anyone know where all the sensors are on this printer?

sp00k1e

I have the same issue on my XC-540. We replaced card-cabel and cleaned encoder sensor, but nothing changed.

Hey guys, does anyone solved this problrem?

Adam24

Hi Guys did anyone have any luck on this struggling on our XC-540 we changed the cut carriage cable and cleaned it all out but no help!