Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheet set error...

Discussion in 'Roland' started by stickercuttingcom, Feb 14, 2011.

1. stickercuttingcom

stickercuttingcom Member

Oct 4, 2005
    a
    My Xc-540 is getting a sheet set error no matter what I do.. It will also have a hard time finding the crop marks sometimes. This is something that is new and hasn't happened in the past, so I know I am setting the printer up correctly.

Is this the data cable? Is there anything else I can do to try to bandaid this situation? Anyone have any advice on replacing it or getting by until I can replace it?

It doesn't do the sheet set error all the time, and it doesn't miss the crop marks all the time either, does this mean that the data cable is dead, or I should look into another option?

Tags:
  2. stickercuttingcom

stickercuttingcom Member

Oct 4, 2005
    a
    A new cut carriage cable has been ordered, I will let everyone know if this fixes it.

3. stickercuttingcom

stickercuttingcom Member

Oct 4, 2005
    a
    I replaced the cut carriage cable today, so far, so good.

Install was a 2 out of 5 on difficulty, just need to take your time and be sure you put it together the right way and get the cable the right tension for the plastic sheath it's in.

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks for following up on this and sharing!

:thumb:

5. emagraphics

emagraphics New Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Sheet Set Error WTF!!!

I have the exact same problem - Ive replaced the cable and im still getting this error. Any advice you can give? Im baffled

6. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Try cleaning your encoder strip. Or check the install the on your replacement cable...maybe you didn't install it properly.

If you're having trouble reading crop marks, check to make sure the eye is clean with a qtip.

7. emagraphics

emagraphics New Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Main Board

Thank you for the reply. I think I found the problem - on my main board there is a cable detached from the board. I would have to figure this is my issue.