• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheet Storage

jasonx

We're starting to get bigger volumes of jobs and need more sheet storage.

Are you guys using cantilever racking? Pallet racking?

Got any pics?

I've got one bay of cantilever racking I put full pallets on but needing a system to hold smaller batches of substrates like 50 sheets etc but want them on their own shelf so I can easily get to everything.

artbot

i've got a 12' x 4' x 126" pallet rack that i'm considering chopping in to thirds to make three 5' x 10.5" tables for the print room. seems there no cleaner or dryer place to store unboxed sheets than the print area. also, i saw this sweet set up on ebay (pic).

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJD!FCbvZRF5HBQq!wj8PMQ~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqJHJD!FCbvZRF5HBQq!wj8PMQ~~60_3.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 150
  • $(KGrHqRHJEkFC(6JS39GBQq!wre,6Q~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqRHJEkFC(6JS39GBQq!wre,6Q~~60_57.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 111

jasonx

i've got a 12' x 4' x 126" pallet rack that i'm considering chopping in to thirds to make three 5' x 10.5" tables for the print room. seems there no cleaner or dryer place to store unboxed sheets than the print area. also, i saw this sweet set up on ebay (pic).

Gotta make me a couple of those for substrates we only keep 30 or so sheets of.

Cantilever racking is good for when you need to store sheets longer then 8'.

Typestries

You can get pallet rack beams in 9' and 10' lengths. We put our 8' sheets on 9' beams to make it easier. Theres a chit ton of it used, or check our buyrack.com

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have a small shop, and I have to make use of every inch available. I built a rack that is a 8'-3" long x 50" tall, and something like 8 or 10" deep. I tucked it into the corner, and hinged it on the side that is out towards the center of my shop. I put a wheel on the bottom (but I need to change it to a couple of wheels to ballance better), so when I need a piece of material, I open the garage door, swing it out away from the wall, and slide the material in or out of the rack. I did cut some pvc into 1" pieces, and fit it over a pieces of round emt, and spaced them every 12" on the bottom to roll the material on and off easier.

It works great, other than the single wheel that it wants to rock on. I plan on going back and adding 6 wheels on the bottom so it rolls in and out easier.

Richard G

I took some 2" X 3" Alu. and used some Alumm 4'X4" material and made my own custom tables. One table holds all of the sheet goods 4' X 8' and i got ahold of some architectural drawer fir sign blanks etc
Table-1.jpg Table-2.jpg Table-3.jpg Table-4.jpg Table-5.jpg

Salmoneye

I like a rack where sheets are stored vertically instead. Makes it easy when you want one sheet that is behind a couple of others... Also with one person you don't have to scrape an edge along another substrate...

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

I love the efficiency of this! Great for smaller volume shops.

We use pallet racking just like any other warehouse.