Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shelter in Place issued for Dallas County

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Moze, Mar 22, 2020.

1. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    Denver issued a stay at home order to start at 5pm today, yesterday. They did not list liquor stores or pot shops as essential businesses - it only took them 3 hours to realize that was a big mistake and reverse course :big laugh:

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Yea, they'd have a wave of alcoholics hit the ER

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    That or they would have people drinking hand sanitizer :roflmao:

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Nothing like old bathtub gin. :eek:

5. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    But the moron who made national news apologized, so that counts for something, right?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spring-break-partier-apologizes-viral-135951855.html

6. TimToad

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    What many people are ignoring is that it took totally draconian, authoritarian, military enforced measures combined with extensive medical precautions in its country of origin to control this unprecedentedly dangerous and mysterious virus. Americans resent even being told to not hoard toilet paper.

7. TimToad

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    Several of our distilleries are producing hand sanitizer and donating it to hospitals, first responders, etc...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    We have a local distillery making hand sanitizer and giving away to the public. 1 bottle per customer.
    On another note... I just got back from having a week off - completely unrelated to the virus. Now I'm happy to be back at work, and WA state was issued a stay-home order last night. At least I can dial into my work computers from home. I can't feed printers or do finishing work, but at least I can do design work and file prep. My boss the owner plans to come in anyway - he can feed the printers :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    One of our local liquor stores is making hand sanitizer based on a mix of 190 proof grain alcohol and aloe lotion. It's not cheap (around $25), but it's a decent size bottle. The stuff is strangely a little gritty (kind of like someone mixed some Go-Jo into it). But the high amount of alcohol creates a slightly burning yet cooling sensation on the skin.

Still, regular soap is one of the best things to use to wash your hands. The outer shell of viruses (including SARS-CoV-2) has a fatty, lipid layer. Soap binds to that layer, breaking it apart. The viruses get stuck in the soap as you scrub your hands. Not only do the viruses get killed, but they get pulled completely off your skin.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Well, Tarrant and Denton county went to shelter in place... but in a not so surprising turn, Collin County said "all business is essential" so no restriction for us. We're too pretentious to follow the herd.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    That's what I herd, too.

12. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    :roflmao: I'm fixing it. I was dictating to my phone

13. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :bookwormhmmmm. I see..... I mean herd.

14. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Stay at home went into full effect at 8a.m. this morning. Ummm...that probably explains the steady stream of traffic going past my house.

Before the pandemic there was a ton of school traffic around 7:30a.m. After that you could just about take a nap in the middle of the street until school let out. I've been in my office since 8 and it's been non-stop.

So much for containing this sh!t by staying home.:mad:

15. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Especially today everyone is out. My neighborhood looks like a busy Saturday afternoon with family and kids walking around. It's been raining and gloomy for 3 weeks and today it's sunny and mid-80s, low humidity. Doesn't feel like pandemic weather anymore, maybe that's the reason Florida is so chill.

16. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Not sure, but if this keeps up watch out for what comes next. Folks really aren't going to like that option. Can almost see it coming...

• Agree Agree x 1