• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shelter in Place issued for Dallas County

C

ColoPrinthead

Denver issued a stay at home order to start at 5pm today, yesterday. They did not list liquor stores or pot shops as essential businesses - it only took them 3 hours to realize that was a big mistake and reverse course :big laugh:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Denver issued a stay at home order to start at 5pm today, yesterday. They did not list liquor stores or pot shops as essential businesses - it only took them 3 hours to realize that was a big mistake and reverse course :big laugh:

Yea, they'd have a wave of alcoholics hit the ER

TimToad

TimToad

Quarantined in the white house

What many people are ignoring is that it took totally draconian, authoritarian, military enforced measures combined with extensive medical precautions in its country of origin to control this unprecedentedly dangerous and mysterious virus. Americans resent even being told to not hoard toilet paper.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We have a local distillery making hand sanitizer and giving away to the public. 1 bottle per customer.
On another note... I just got back from having a week off - completely unrelated to the virus. Now I'm happy to be back at work, and WA state was issued a stay-home order last night. At least I can dial into my work computers from home. I can't feed printers or do finishing work, but at least I can do design work and file prep. My boss the owner plans to come in anyway - he can feed the printers :)

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
One of our local liquor stores is making hand sanitizer based on a mix of 190 proof grain alcohol and aloe lotion. It's not cheap (around $25), but it's a decent size bottle. The stuff is strangely a little gritty (kind of like someone mixed some Go-Jo into it). But the high amount of alcohol creates a slightly burning yet cooling sensation on the skin.

Still, regular soap is one of the best things to use to wash your hands. The outer shell of viruses (including SARS-CoV-2) has a fatty, lipid layer. Soap binds to that layer, breaking it apart. The viruses get stuck in the soap as you scrub your hands. Not only do the viruses get killed, but they get pulled completely off your skin.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, Tarrant and Denton county went to shelter in place... but in a not so surprising turn, Collin County said "all business is essential" so no restriction for us. We're too pretentious to follow the herd.

Last edited:

rjssigns

Stay at home went into full effect at 8a.m. this morning. Ummm...that probably explains the steady stream of traffic going past my house.

Before the pandemic there was a ton of school traffic around 7:30a.m. After that you could just about take a nap in the middle of the street until school let out. I've been in my office since 8 and it's been non-stop.

So much for containing this sh!t by staying home.:mad:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Stay at home went into full effect at 8a.m. this morning. Ummm...that probably explains the steady stream of traffic going past my house.

Before the pandemic there was a ton of school traffic around 7:30a.m. After that you could just about take a nap in the middle of the street until school let out. I've been in my office since 8 and it's been non-stop.

So much for containing this sh!t by staying home.:mad:

Especially today everyone is out. My neighborhood looks like a busy Saturday afternoon with family and kids walking around. It's been raining and gloomy for 3 weeks and today it's sunny and mid-80s, low humidity. Doesn't feel like pandemic weather anymore, maybe that's the reason Florida is so chill.

rjssigns

Especially today everyone is out. My neighborhood looks like a busy Saturday afternoon with family and kids walking around. It's been raining and gloomy for 3 weeks and today it's sunny and mid-80s, low humidity. Doesn't feel like pandemic weather anymore, maybe that's the reason Florida is so chill.

Not sure, but if this keeps up watch out for what comes next. Folks really aren't going to like that option. Can almost see it coming...