• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sherwin Williams to PMS

SebastienL

If it's not on the Sherwin-William site, I doubt it will be anywhere else.

But their palette seem to give an RGB value. From that value, Photoshop will give you a Pantone equivalent when using the color picker.

The only other solution I see is comparing the SW swatch to a PMS swatch.

Attachments

• screen-capture.png
    screen-capture.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,969
  • screen-capture-1.png
    screen-capture-1.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,572

tanneji

I have a script that converts CMYK to PMS ... so I take the sherwin williams number, convert to CMYK and then use this script to convert from CMYK to PMS. It's been working pretty well so far ... let me see if i can attach it somehow

weaselboogie

I recently had to do this backwards. My local sw store was a bit dumbfounded when I was able to do this from their site.

If it's not on the Sherwin-William site, I doubt it will be anywhere else.

But their palette seem to give an RGB value. From that value, Photoshop will give you a Pantone equivalent when using the color picker.

The only other solution I see is comparing the SW swatch to a PMS swatch.

I guess this is what I will do. Thanks for the help.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Resurrecting this thread in hopes of getting help.

I have two Sherwin Williams colors that I need PMS colors for:

Neutral Ground SW7568
Black Magic SW6991

Is there a way to convert these?

Nix Color Sensor maybe? Mine doesn't work so no dice on my end...

equippaint

From my experience, sw cant convert a pms color to paint and vice versa. We went through this on a job that we were given a pms as a paint color. I had to track down a pms chart (sw didnt have one) then bring it in for an eyeball match.

10sacer

You need to compare the swatches in the actual light where the replicated color will be used or there could be a big surprise later on.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
10-4 to all of the above.

My hopes were someone had a method via software, etc. I believe Nix has a way of doing it but WHEN THE THING NEVER WORKED CORRECTLY IN THE FIRST PLACE - it doesn't make much of a difference.

Anyway, thanks for the responses, colors have been picked and the job is in production.