• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

She's finally here!

cdiesel

Took this earlier this morning! Should be up and running on Weds morning. :rock-n-roll:

Already got 480 boards ready to break her in...

cdiesel

Thanks guys. It's an L2500 (70"x98") table with a 48" table extension. Got the router (so yes, it will cut acrylic and pretty much anything else!), roll feeder (for cutting banners, vinyl, paper, etc), sheet feeder (so we can load the next sheet while it's still cutting), plus a bunch of other goodies.

It should really improve our workflow and open up some new business channels.

mikey-Oh

Just under 6' by 8'! OMG, how does an extension factor into this?
Sorry for the no0b questions, and please excuse my jealousy(not typed)

cdiesel

Yeah.. the tech installing it said he did a table that was overall 10'x20' a few weeks ago. That's ridiculous.

Ours has a cutting area of 70x98, with a 48" extension off the back. The overall length of the table is about 16 feet.

HulkSmash

16feet?!?!?! chris that's completely unnecessary. We BOTH know that
:) hope it brings in a chit ton more business for you guys. Good luck and have fun :)

RoCo

That looks like Tony Watts doing the install. He did ours, too! Tell him Royce from Savannah says Hey!

supersignmart

getting ready to plug the trigger later this year, did you consider the new summa?
why did you go with the zund?
we will only cut banner, vinyl, coro and styrene.

cdiesel

We looked at the Zund, Kongsberg, Multicam, and took a quick glance at the Summa. Problem with that one is simply size. It's small--can't cut a 48x96 board. Totally out of the question for us or any other shop looking to do any real work.

The Multicam is okay, but I think they've got a long way to go to be on the same level as a Zund. Much slower machine, very new to the "finishing" side of things. They make a heck of a router, but are lacking on the digital die end of things.

Kongsberg is much more comparable, but pretty much the same price. If you're going to pay the same money, why not get the best?

So far, we've had it up for two days. Done a bunch of one-off cuts to learn the bits/blades including high speed foamcore (at 40 inches per second!), gator, kiss cut vinyl, thru cut vinyl. Also have run about 40 sheets of coro and 200 sheets of styrene through it. Also routed a few sheets of MDO and acrylic (1/8" and 1/2"). The finished edge is absolutely beautiful.

cdiesel

We're on 99th ave and I-10. And we've already wholesaled a few jobs. Give me a call if you need something done!

Ran another 150 boards through today.. We need a couple more printers now!