Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shipping a printer from usa to germany

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by davedavedave, Feb 7, 2020.

1. davedavedave

davedavedave Member

Dec 14, 2018
    germany
    Hi, i have a qestion, what would be the best "safest" way to ship a roland bn20 from the states to germany?

i know usps or ups could do normal packages, but im not sure if this is safe enough, i dont want to have broken plastik in a box :D:D ??

any help is appreciated. thank you guys

2. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Definitely not UPS or USPS - UPS will break it, they aren't kind to parcels and USPS will charge a fortune. I would suggest a local shipping company in the location of the printer - it will need to be shipped freight.

3. davedavedave

davedavedave Member

Dec 14, 2018
    germany
    thank you, i already asked a freight company for sea shipping, wich imports US cars to germany...

they said they can also add the printer its no problem, but the suff needs to be shipped to them too...

so my only problem is finding a freight shipping company in the sellers area since he said i should take care of all shipping! :D

or should i look straight away for a freight shippping company in the usa wich can ship to germany?

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Check with DHL. I think they can do a good job shipping internationally

• Like Like x 1
  5. davedavedave

davedavedave Member

Dec 14, 2018
    germany
    i checked dhl but i can find much information... i think u need to have a buisness account to ship with them

6. pjfmeister

pjfmeister Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Missouri
    • Like Like x 1
  7. davedavedave

davedavedave Member

Dec 14, 2018
    germany
    thanks will also send them a email... i just bought a gerber and a envision ... i dont know why i said roland bn20 LOL to many printers in my head haha

8. Martin Denton

Martin Denton Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Manchester, UK
    Don’t forget you will have to pay import duty on the printer on arrival at customs so make sure you get all the correct forms filled in pre-delivery