• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping of a Roland Versacamm...

klmjff

I am moving a Roland SP540 Versacamm about 40 miles in the back of my truck on Friday. It will be strapped down of course. Do I need to do anything special when I move it;ie tie down the printheads, empty waste ink, etc?
I just want to make sure I don't screw it up while moving it. Thanks

There is a bracket to secure the print carriage that must be put in place before moving the printer. This ensures that the head will not travel far from the capping stations.

The best bet would be to put the printer into an enclosed truck with a minimal amount of airflow around the machine. An open pickup truck is asking for a lot of trouble with nozzles and printheads whan you set it installed in the new location...been there done that.

animenick65

There is a bracket to secure the print carriage that must be put in place before moving the printer. This ensures that the head will not travel far from the capping stations.

The best bet would be to put the printer into an enclosed truck with a minimal amount of airflow around the machine. An open pickup truck is asking for a lot of trouble with nozzles and printheads whan you set it installed in the new location...been there done that.

Seconded. Its essential that the head stay with the capping station. Would also refer to the manual. See page 45 in the pdf link below. Seems a bit excessive for such a short move, but at the same time its all to protect your investment.

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...Manuals and Guides/VP-540i_300i_INS_EN_R2.pdf

signrios

i moved mine from fort westy,tx in the back of my pick up,
it was covered with a tarp.
the heads were secured with a bracket provided by a roland tech who was in charge of preparing the machine for the move.
it arrived safely after a 9 hr trip!