Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping of a Roland Versacamm...

Discussion in 'Roland' started by klmjff, Nov 11, 2009.

1. klmjff

klmjff Member

Jun 30, 2008
    I am moving a Roland SP540 Versacamm about 40 miles in the back of my truck on Friday. It will be strapped down of course. Do I need to do anything special when I move it;ie tie down the printheads, empty waste ink, etc?
    I just want to make sure I don't screw it up while moving it. Thanks

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    There is a bracket to secure the print carriage that must be put in place before moving the printer. This ensures that the head will not travel far from the capping stations.

The best bet would be to put the printer into an enclosed truck with a minimal amount of airflow around the machine. An open pickup truck is asking for a lot of trouble with nozzles and printheads whan you set it installed in the new location...been there done that.

3. animenick65

animenick65 Very Active Member

May 18, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Seconded. Its essential that the head stay with the capping station. Would also refer to the manual. See page 45 in the pdf link below. Seems a bit excessive for such a short move, but at the same time its all to protect your investment.

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...Manuals and Guides/VP-540i_300i_INS_EN_R2.pdf

4. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Follow the instructions in the manual for moving the machine.

You really don't want to buy new printheads.

5. Samy98

Samy98 New Member

May 25, 2009
    Hello,
    I would like to talk to you klmjff,Please call me

Thanks

Samy

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  6. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    i moved mine from fort westy,tx in the back of my pick up,
    it was covered with a tarp.
    the heads were secured with a bracket provided by a roland tech who was in charge of preparing the machine for the move.
    it arrived safely after a 9 hr trip!