• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping Premasked panels and getting tons of tunneling

Arch_Graphics

Hello,

We are having issues when we ship jobs to installers they are receiving the material with a whole bunch of tunneling. It doesn't seem to matter what material we use (typically Dusted Crystal, Etchmark or Deep Etch) but we we do even simple cutting like bands and premask them they show up on site with tunneling. We use our laminator while premask and we roll the material with the premask facing out.

any suggestions would be appreciated as this is starting to cost us a lot of money in reshipping projects and such.

victor bogdanov

Are you using a transfer tape with what rtape calls RLA "Release Liner Adhesion", other brands have other names for it but it makes a huge difference vs the regular tape without the "RLA"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not do what you normally do, but don't send it out to anyone and after a few days, simulating travel time, take it apart and see if it happens when you take it apart. I'm not doubting what your installers are saying, but it seems odd that suddenly, this is happening. Have you changed anything on your end such as manufacturers for the vinyls and/or tape ?? Are they being careless removing them from the tubes ?? Are they going through high and low heat areas in transit ?? are these your usual installers or have they been replaced with new people ??