Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipping Signcade Deluxe, boxes?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by bannertime, May 7, 2020.

1. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I'll need to ship some signcade deluxe's and I've already used up all the boxes I could get for them. I've looked at uline and some places like Chicago Box, and Crown Packaging. No one seems to have anything this size. 26-28in x 4in x 47-48in. Anyone shipping these out mind sharing what box they use? Many thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    We make our own

3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Just put a shipping label on the signicade? Or just a roll of clear cling wrap, bind it up really tight, bunch some on the corners?
    Those things are pretty resilient, but it probably does need something because those Fedex teaspoon peddlers have some impressive demolition skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Our of cardboard? Single wall that you just score or something? Are you using flat pads or a larger box? I'm sorry, I don't do a lot of shipping.

5. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I've honestly thought about that, and that may be what's required. Might put the signs in backwards and tape them in or something.

6. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    If you have some beat up sheets of coroplast, they make awesome shipping boxes...
    Just cut one side of a flute and then fold.

Or wrap it up in some old banner material, you guys do banners, right? :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Strangely banners are the least common things I've made since March. We stocked up on plenty of banner material but every one a-frames and other coro signs!

8. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    We make them out of flat cardboard or scrap coro. Two pieces and then some caps. Or just two oversize pieces and tape tight

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Does Uline do custom sizes? I would have thought Uline would have something that fits, since they sell Signicade Deluxe a-frames. Might be worth calling your Uline rep.

10. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I hadn't called yet. Really need something in stock. UPS has been absolutely awful with deliveries, so I can't trust getting custom ones made and shipped. Will take too long.

11. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    We stock cardboard sheets and have box software to run on our Colex, not that you need any fancy software to make a box but it looks a lot nicer.

• Like Like x 2
  12. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of cardboard sheets do you guys use for this?

Regarding the OP, we honestly use coroplast more than anything for packing large signs etc. Always scraps around and you can cut/slit/fold to make it work for almost anything.

13. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

I think a piece of coroplast half inch bigger all the way around on each side, then wrapped in clear cling wrap is all you need. You can hardly damage a signicade, so it's about protecting the sign you've put on it.

14. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I do like the coro route, but before this we rarely did coro in house. So we don't have much in scrap. We're looking into the plastic wrap, but really banking on palletizing and shipping to regions instead of individual stores.

15. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    How many units are you talking? do they need to go out pre assembled? if not....have them drop shipped from your vendor to your client & ship the signs separately. Our vendor for those ships free 99% of the time and we only have to then ship the imprints themselves. Saves you and the client $$ in the long run if that route is an option.

• Like Like x 2
  16. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I'll send a PM.

17. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Very good idea.

18. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Wholesale Screen & Digital Sign Printing

• Like Like x 1
  19. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    We've done this quite often and it keeps the shipping costs down esp. when doing larger orders like bannertime is talking about. Many times, its not via UPS but my vendors own trucks if they are within range of the branches. Its a win win for us and client alike.

20. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Yea, I sold a bunch of real estate signs to a client in Oklahoma. Made and shipped the faces and drop shipped 30 black frames from NGlantz local delivery. They were the slide in kind so assembly was easy. I made sure to insist on "blind shipping" but I never separated the cost of frame and sign so wouldn't of been a big deal if they knew cost anyway.

• Like Like x 1