• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Bass Boat Sponsorship

grafixemporium

We just finished this Skeeter Bass Boat for a local pro bass angler. The deal was too good to pass up. Hopefully we'll get some visibility out of it.

We've done plenty of bay boats. This is our first bass boat... what a nightmare. Had to make a paper pattern for every little thing. Needless to say, our price on bass boats just went up :)

Attachments

• DSCF1802.jpg
    DSCF1802.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF1805.jpg
    DSCF1805.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF1806.jpg
    DSCF1806.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF1808.jpg
    DSCF1808.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1809.jpg
    DSCF1809.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 96

ProWraps

looks great! you guys do good work. did you wrap it on the trailer (dumb question i know, but we have acutally had to wrap a boat in the water)? if so, how did you wrap around the trailer wheel wells? we have wrapped a few on the trailer but they were jet fishing boats so the wheels didnt intrude as area being wrapped was up above.

grafixemporium

We've never had a problem in the past with bay boat trailers. The fenders have been bolted on every one, so we could removed them. However, on this bass boat the fenders were welded to the frame. We had to get creative and a little crazy.

Fortunately, we've got an marine aluminum fabricator across the parking lot from us. They do crazy things to boats all the time. We used their forklift and a tow strap to lift the back end of the boat by the hooks on the jack plate. We shoved two 4x4's under the boat on top of the planks it normally rests on. This raised it just enough to do what we needed to do.

Next week we're doing a 25' Deckliner... a big bastard. It's currently hanging in a sling at my customer's upholstery shop. I think we're gonna try to wrap it in the sling. We can get to everything except the very nose... which we'll drop it on the trailer to do.

Dare I ask... how the hell did you wrap a boat in the water?

ProWraps

heh, i wasnt going to say it, but we did the forklift thing too. heh. whew... it wasnt just us. the boat we wrapped in the water was a weird deal. it was for a client that was RICH. and was waiting for a paint job, but needed wrap to cover up the work being done for nothing more than a boat parade. luckily for us, what we wrapped was above the water level. but we had to hang off the marina dock to do the wrap, then they had to turn the boat around, and we did the other side.

regardless, i wanted to say you do GREAT work. you are smart enough to sponsor a visible boat, and you did a killer job branding it. kudos to you, and i hope it brings much business your way (which, i know it will, because anyone that sees it and owns a bass boat will be beating down your door).

mark in tx

I used a bottle jack with a 2x4 piece to raise the boat off the trailer enough to clear the wheels.

This is our first bass boat... what a nightmare.

I don't do boats anymore, and I have done over 30 of them.

Just for a reference, I charged $5000.00 for a 24 foot Ranger that was sponsored by Cabelas.

luggnut

on a side note... you shop looks awesome.. channel letters, neon, huge storfront.. i am jealous. and the boat looks good too!

parkedcar

Looks great! And love the new channel letters. BTW....is that Sevendust i hear playing on your website??

Premier Wraps

Nice job. Bass boats are a pain. We've done a few. Even did one for the FLW. We sponsor a guy in Lake Havasu as well. I've wrapped his boat a few times as the other (paying) sponsor changes. Once you get them down. There's good money it.

acothran

Looks great. I've never attempted a bass boat, or a boat of any kind but there is a company in Hendersonville, TN (about an hour from me), named H2O HydroWraps, that specializes in bass boats. I even have an uncle that lives 3.5 hours from there and took his bass boat to them for a wrap (I didn't do wraps at the time). They have a YouTube video where the owner says they'll wrap one in about 4-5 hours. I guess they've found a niche in what other people find to be a pain in the rear.

Allen

Dan Antonelli

Looks great.... can't imagine how hard that install was - kudos!
Is that Avant Garde for the web addy? Quick! Where's Doug from iSigns! He loves that font!

grafixemporium

LOL it is avante garde. I love that font :)

Acothran, the boat sides are a piece of cake. We could do those in a 4 - 6 hours depending on the boat. It's the console and everything else that's a pain in the rear.

Dan Antonelli

You and Doug are the only ones HAHA - - kidding... its fine. Back in the day, was one of the standard Apple fonts, and since that time, I've never liked it since I used to beat it death! LOL--- its all good.

Premier Wraps

Looks great. I've never attempted a bass boat, or a boat of any kind but there is a company in Hendersonville, TN (about an hour from me), named H2O HydroWraps, that specializes in bass boats. I even have an uncle that lives 3.5 hours from there and took his bass boat to them for a wrap (I didn't do wraps at the time). They have a YouTube video where the owner says they'll wrap one in about 4-5 hours. I guess they've found a niche in what other people find to be a pain in the rear.

Allen

We're down to 4-5 hours as well. The FLW boat I did took 17hrs by my self, including the fenders. It was an installation only thing so trying to figure out all the pieces they gave me was a lot of work.

acothran

From what I can tell about the company I mentioned, they've wrapped hundreds of bass boats so I'm sure once you get about 25 under your belt, the next 75 go a lot faster :)

Allen