• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Bot Z Plate Wire

nikdoobs

Hello,
I need to get a shop bot Z plate Wire like the one in this photo. Shop Bot sells this set on their website, but all I need is the black wire. Does anyone know where I can get just the wire?

Thanks,
Nick

SB134524_Z-zero_plate_600x600_large.jpg

fixtureman

All you need is a stranded 2 wire if you have to use the ground clamp it not just a single stranded wire the red wire is for the probe so you really don't need it if you don't have one. There is nothing special just the way they add the ends and clamp. My first Shopbot used a 2 wire telephone cable I made a zero plate that was attached to the table for faster tool changes also.

nikdoobs

All you need is a stranded 2 wire if you have to use the ground clamp it not just a single stranded wire the red wire is for the probe so you really don't need it if you don't have one. There is nothing special just the way they add the ends and clamp. My first Shopbot used a 2 wire telephone cable I made a zero plate that was attached to the table for faster tool changes also.

Okay, thanks for the info!