• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Drawings ?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yarr, thread pirate here. (sorry)

When I worked for another company they used Flexi Sign and within Flexi there is a way to automatically export what you are working on to a template (In this case we had a form similar to these)

Does anyone know of a way to do that in Corel?
You could set up your base layer with all the needed info blocks and save it as a template.
Start a new file using the template and then do your artwork on a new layer.

wayne k
guam usa

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Yarr, thread pirate here. (sorry)

When I worked for another company they used Flexi Sign and within Flexi there is a way to automatically export what you are working on to a template (In this case we had a form similar to these)

Does anyone know of a way to do that in Corel?

I think you are talking about the title block feature and setting scale in Flexi, when you print, it can adjust the scale to the page you are printing, neither Illustrator nor Corel can do that.

legacyborn

I think you are talking about the title block feature and setting scale in Flexi, when you print, it can adjust the scale to the page you are printing, neither Illustrator nor Corel can do that.

Not exactly, what we would do is design the sign, then we would select the final layout and click a couple buttons, then it would take that design and insert it into another document (which was the proof template) It was very cool, just never seen anything like it in corel.

Jwalk

Those drawings look kick 4ss.

I know my way around illustrator enough to send my vinyl stencil mask to "great cut". I would like to be more knowledgeable in illustrator really no excuse because there's a million you tube videos that would make me a pro.

Marlene

I'm not new, but I'm being asked to do shop drawings for the contractor to give to the architect.
Not sure what their really looking for. I don't want to look stupid by asking them a lot of questions... but maybe I am.

Anybody know what I should be doing. Better yet, does anyone have a sample of a drawing you used before

This will be 1/2" Gemini letters with a bronze finish mounted with studs on a building.

Job is simple, just not sure about the drawings

Thanks

do you have the job and are geting paid to do this or ithis for a bid?

heyskull

Oh dear scale drawings.
I had a headache with the local planning last year who ended up being absolutely useless.
I would send them a scale drawing and then they would print it smaller on their A4 printer and could not understand why it was was not scaling up to the correct size.
Scream.... it took 2 months for me to explain and make them understand that if you make my proof smaller it is no longer scaled!!!!

Reminded me of this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS12p0Zqlt0

SC

dlndesign

LOL.

Far Away...:ROFLMAO:

I love Illustrator, InDesign for layouts. You can make your own quick keys if needed.