Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop Front picture request

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by heyskull, Oct 29, 2012.

1. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    I have been contacted by our local town planners to submit a portfolio for artwork to shop windows.
    This is to advertise a currently empty shop so as to give the impression of what it would look like as a open business.
    I know this a long shot but finding generic high quality images of shop fronts/windows is prooving very dificult.

Thanks
    SC

Tags:
  2. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    go to google- type in window store fronts then select images then advance-search medium or large and there you go

3. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    I have already searched google and the images are not good enough as they are paticular store fronts.
    I have seen something done in the shopping centres over here which looks a little more like what I'm looking for.

SC

4. knucklehead

knucklehead Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    As crazy as this may sound, why not just go take a photo of the shop in question, import it into your design software, and dress it up. Then you can show the town planners the actual building.

5. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Yes this would be a simple 30 minute job to design a storefront over a photo of an empty existing building.

6. Edna

Edna Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I gess I don't follow this. why dosenot the town planners just open a real store in the empty building . isn't that there job?

7. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    :goodpost:

If they are wanting to promote the local shops get buildings that the people are familiar with