• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Hours

klingsdesigns

So I have been trying to figure out hours for the week when we get into our new shop. Right now we are typically 9-5 Monday through Friday. Weekends off. I have seen some people closed monday and work tuesday through friday. What are peoples thoughts on this? Mondays seem really busy for us for phone calls and emails. Thought about doing 9-5 monday thru thursday. Friday 9-2. Most of the time we will be there at 8 to 6.

ExecuPrintGS

We are 7:30-5:30 M-Thursday 7:30-5 Friday.

Used to be open saturdays because the owner would do paperwork that day but people took advantage and started getting mad that we weren't fully staffed and running full production 6 days a week.

I guess it depends on the size of the shop and how many employees you have.
If i was solo i would do 8-12 so i could deal with walkins in the morning and grind out production in the afternoon.
If i had a front desk person i would do normal business hours atleast 8-5

2B

Our normal shop hours are
10AM - 6PM Mon
9AM - 12PM Tues (or by appointment)
9AM - 6PM Wed & Thur
9AM - 4PM Fri.
Closed Holidays and weekends

now those are the hours the door is open, the real "work" is when the door is locked and the phone is off.
We come in early / leave late as the workload requires, remembering to keep the door locked and phone off so "work" can get done

klingsdesigns

Right away it will just be the wife and I. I am assuming we will have the door locked before 9 and after 5. The whole reason we are going to a shop is so we can have her sit in the office and I can try and work more and get bugged less from customers.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Open 8:30am - 5pm M-F. Closed Saturday & Sunday
Some of us come in around 8am but then again some of us stay an hour or two later.

bannertime

We're 9-5 Monday through Friday. Occasionally a job calls for work outside of those hours and that's okay. I'm really considering moving to a 4 day work week. Mondays are typically busy for us, but that can easily be adjusted.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Why not just be open the hours you feel most comfortable with? Your not (I assume) running a retail shop, so just work what you want. I usually work and answer the phones between 7:30a and 4pm M-F. but I am an early bird.

klingsdesigns

Why not just be open the hours you feel most comfortable with? Your not (I assume) running a retail shop, so just work what you want. I usually work and answer the phones between 7:30a and 4pm M-F. but I am an early bird.

Will do, just wondered if people took a week day off which day and why. I try not to answer or do any replying back after 5 till the next morning otherwise people assume you will do it all the time. Need family time too.

WildWestDesigns

No week day off here.

Since I have quite a few customer base that do embroidery as a 2nd job, usually I have late weekdays as well. Most weekends and holidays are safe from work (unless they have a rush job).

Most of the time my digitizing customers don't know when I'm on vacation and I'll actually do work while on vacation here and there (but since I rarely have a vacation lately, that doesn't happen all that much).

IDB Signs

We don't do walk-ins or have any of your typical customer traffic, which allows us to do 10 hour days Monday - Thursday, 7-530 with a half hour lunch. I love it. I travel quite a bit and it allows me to do so without missing much work. And it's always nice having the 3 day weekend. Once you get used to the longer days, it's no big deal. I'm ruined if/when I ever go somewhere that works 5 days a week!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I'm open when I'm there and closed when I'm not.

My shop number is my cell phone, I choose which calls to answer.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Will do, just wondered if people took a week day off which day and why. I try not to answer or do any replying back after 5 till the next morning otherwise people assume you will do it all the time. Need family time too.

I work 5 days a week, but if I were to pick a day that would be the quietest (phone and email wise) that would be Friday. Most of my customers are business people and nowadays it seems like everyone checks out on Fridays

sardocs

I may have posted this before, but this is on the front door to my shop.

Attachments

• shop hours.JPG
    shop hours.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 293

Old Guy

Shop open 8:30am - 5pm. Shop open Saturdays 10am - 2pm.

Usually spend a few hours working on art files at home (the shop is digitally integrated into my apartment so I can get something done in relative peace) or sending jobs to the printer and plotter from there. From 6am til opening, it's weeding and masking the last nights print/plot runs.

Ya know? It may not be perfect but it sure keeps me away from falling asleep on the couch watching TV!