• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop logo attempt

Chasez

I'll just do a few pokes with a sharp stick :ROFLMAO:
None of those look much like a logo, and a logo should never have a ton of bullet points and a phone number too.
Of your attempts, the bottom has the most potential, but the colors are too colorful :smile: and the "Signs" lettering looks like it's on an upward slant. (optical illusion I'm sure, but I always twiddle with my scripts so that they look straight)
Ignore the well-meant visual suggestion from Sign Noob. That has even less potential than what you started with. :wink:
I do like the S hooking into the name, I think I'd play with that a tad.
Love....jill

The logo looks fantastic, I would make 1 slight change, move the "since 1973" down below the "ns" in signs. Visually you read L to R T to B, since the "since" is stuck right in there you may read it before the Signs.

I agree with HDvinyl, pay Jill and you're off to the races.

Chaz

Jillbeans

Thank you for the kind words. I try to do the paid subscription thing always, but this year times were harder than usual. Now that I am back to my real job (after a winter lay-off and denied unemployment yada yada) I will re-up ASAP.

Rick, I am so glad that I inspired you, because you have inspired me for years. I love how intelligent you are about your designs. I agree about it not needing the date, but since he was around so long, I put it in there.

I wanted a retro "BIG SIGN HOUSE" look. The script is just a freebie. I scour sites for retro free fonts.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Has anyone ever actually taken one of the excellent suggested designs and ran with it?
I'm so impressed by some of the designers on here that will give someone an incredible idea.
Yet they always seem to be ignored.

It's very rare they take advice, I've designed 100's of logos here
to show how to readjust the way people should design. I kinda want
them to design their own. I want them to learn the process.
A recent post where someone posted their logo attempts here, then
either ignored the info, suggestions or believe their ideas were actually
good, then posted their new logo on their site and Facebook page is a
classic example of what usually happens on the site.

I think I know why...

Most people get into this business as a creative release...
I think it's cool that they do it, but if they totally ignore
the information, they'll always be the typical sign shop.
Always competing on price, stuck designing the same way.

Others who post are just thinking out loud... they aren't really
looking for help. Just want to be assured they are close... again, usually
stuck designing the same way.

Some people have no taste... I hate country music, but I appreciate
the art of it... that has nothing to do with taste. It's a preference...
Some people though, listen to "Renaldo and the Loaf"... I mean really...
this stuff is bad (and yet I have owned every record by them)
They design like Renaldo and the Loaf... and yet they keep releasing their
cr@p logos and layouts like it's a work of art.
[video=youtube;3n3MbVoLYns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3MbVoLYns[/video]

I think quite a few, most in fact, suffer from the American Idol syndrome.
Their friends keep telling them they are good, they sell just enough signs
to think they are... or get enough likes on Facebook when they post their
cr@ppy new logo, but when it's time to audition... well:
[video=youtube;RPr7k6dBzqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPr7k6dBzqs[/video]

Marlene

to be honest, I would rather see people give advice and let th OP redesign from that rather than do the work for them. of course some of the more experienced people here can design the hell out of something but what good does that really do for the OP who posted for help? you don't learn from someone doing it or you, you learn from having the experince people guide you. I commend those who don't just give up and go with a member design and who keep on trying.

Deaton Design

Some very good advice here. I always start a design in black and white. When I get the particulars done, then color comes.
Too many people rely on gradients, bevels, etc. or special effects when they should be thinking in terms of readability, contrast
and what they want to convey. Prioritize your copy, and choose type styles that do their job without being over the top.
Lot of good designers here, check out their websites or portfolio pages. :)

DrCAS

My thoughts...

I got interested in this thread and came up my own take... I do dig Jill's though...

Attachments

• ABCO Color.jpg
    ABCO Color.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 267
  • ABCO Gray.jpg
    ABCO Gray.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 286

Rick

Every once in a while I look back to see if any progress has been made on some of these threads...

I need to stop looking...

Home

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Noticed John Deaton's note here, he has not posted to the list for the longest time. Hope he is doing ok.

wayne k
guam usa

Rick

Noticed John Deaton's note here, he has not posted to the list for the longest time. Hope he is doing ok.

wayne k
guam usa

I think he's doing okay, he's been posting on Facebook...