• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Pics!

phototec

I didn't pay that much... I got show special pricing. The TreeMax Easy Reach was 559 Euro (about $730 CDN) and the TreeMax was $528 U.S. $870 is for the top of the line, max size. The prices vary depending on what you get.

But....
$70 bucks?? Really? :omg: I'll have to take some detailed pics for you and have you make me a couple more then! I'll pay you $150 each plus shipping... but they gotta be the same quality! I'll post detail pictures later today or tomorrow! Thanks!!!:rock-n-roll:

Hi T3,

As others have said, everything looks good, VERY well organized.

I especially like the media racks, I saw them at the show in Las Vegas last year, but yicks, that price for their plywood racks is insane. I have more time than money, and many years of building experience behind me, looks like I could build one of those racks including the four heavy duty casters for less than $100 ea.

Harbor Freight sells a 3" Polyurethane Swivel Caster with Lock for $6.49.ea., and it looks like everything else is made of 3/4" birch plywood (bottom & two identical ends), with one diagonal brace to keep it from racking, and the 15 black media holding rods.

Should be able to cut all the pieces out of a single sheet of 3/4" x 8' birch plywood, cost is $42 a sheet at Lowe's.

Yes, please post detailed photos and measurements, I will make a scaled AI drawing of all parts and post for anyone else who would like to build one.

Questions:

Overall size of base (W & L)?

Size and weight capacity of casters?

Media rod size and material, (why black), the YellowTools site says it doesn't come with the rods?

Straight on photo of end, with a ruler or yard stick taped on the end for scaling.

I'm really only interested in the media rack with the black rods, seams more practical to me.

Thanks

:goodpost: :thankyou:

andy

Hi T3,

As others have said, everything looks good, VERY well organized.

I especially like the media racks, I saw them at the show in Las Vegas last year, but yicks, that price for their plywood racks is insane. I have more time than money, and many years of building experience behind me, looks like I could build one of those racks including the four heavy duty casters for less than $100 ea.

Harbor Freight sells a 3" Polyurethane Swivel Caster with Lock for $6.49.ea., and it looks like everything else is made of 3/4" birch plywood (bottom & two identical ends), with one diagonal brace to keep it from racking, and the 15 black media holding rods.

Should be able to cut all the pieces out of a single sheet of 3/4" x 8' birch plywood, cost is $42 a sheet at Lowe's.

Yes, please post detailed photos and measurements, I will make a scaled AI drawing of all parts and post for anyone else who would like to build one.

Questions:

Overall size of base (W & L)?

Size and weight capacity of casters?

Media rod size and material, (why black), the YellowTools site says it doesn't come with the rods?

Straight on photo of end, with a ruler or yard stick taped on the end for scaling.

I'm really only interested in the media rack with the black rods, seams more practical to me.

Thanks

:goodpost: :thankyou:

Are you for real?

This ISN'T your product. You didn't design it, you spent zero time or money developing or perfecting it. You have no right to reverse engineer this product & you CERTAINLY do NOT have the right to make digital copies of the component parts and post them as freeware.

Sign makers are the first ones to pi$$ & whine when someone rips off "their" design or undercuts them using "cracked" software... but hell yeah, let's ruin the export market for some German guys making vinyl storage systems.

If you REALLY want a set of plywood storage racks here's an idea... design your frickin own setup.

SignStudent

Probably a stupid question but how do you load the media onto your printer with it being up against the wall like that?

phototec

If you REALLY want a set of plywood storage racks here's an idea... design your frickin own setup.

You are absolutely right, I will design my own, after all it's only plywood and a set of casters!

And many, many folks on here have made there own media racks, like the one GG posted:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67942&highlight=media+rack

Not only did she post finished photos, she included set-up and production photos also, as well as a complete material list, (great post).

I already have the casters, purchased them months ago when they were on sale, and after I make my drawing, I will post it here for anyone to use.

Just like cars, German, Japanese, American, they all have an engine, four wheels, windshield, doors, seats steering wheel, hood, etc, I guess no one an make a car either?

The first drop-on-demand ink-jet printer was invented by Siemens in 1977, how come everybody and there brother can make ink-jet printers today?

:cool1:

Attachments

• GGshop.jpg
    GGshop.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 134

HulkSmash

Are you for real?

This ISN'T your product. You didn't design it, you spent zero time or money developing or perfecting it. You have no right to reverse engineer this product & you CERTAINLY do NOT have the right to make digital copies of the component parts and post them as freeware.

Sign makers are the first ones to pi$$ & whine when someone rips off "their" design or undercuts them using "cracked" software... but hell yeah, let's ruin the export market for some German guys making vinyl storage systems.

You're a cool guy. Glad all that was necessary. You can look at the picture, and see how it was built. It takes a 12 year old to figure it out.

Photo, im building a few next week, ill let you know how it goes and visa versa?

SignManiac

Whatever you do, don't attempt to build your racks out of imported Italian marble. I hold a patent on those and it's good for another twelve years.

Tim Aucoin

You guys are all great! Thanks for the compliments on the shop! :notworthy:
I know the racks wouldn't be too difficult to make... IF I was handy with the tools necessary and IF I had the space and the proper tools to make them. I am not handy with that kind of stuff and I certainly don't have the tools... yet! Hopefully in September when we move into our new house and I get my garage built, I'll pick up a few power toys and I may attempt this kind of thing myself! For now, I needed a FAST solution to clean up the shop, and they definitely weren't a bank-breaking purchase, so I chose the easy (or lazy) way out for now!

The TreeMax Easy Reach is quite unique though, as it doesn't use poles at all. One other thing (not that it makes a difference), but it's not made of plywood... really. It's laminated hardwood of some kind (or is that what plywood is? :covereyes:). It is very strong and quite sturdy. The connectors used to attach the cross braces and angle brace are unlike anything I've seen before. Probably a European thing!

andy

You are absolutely right, I will design my own, after all it's only plywood and a set of casters!

And many, many folks on here have made there own media racks, like the one GG posted:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67942&highlight=media+rack

Not only did she post finished photos, she included set-up and production photos also, as well as a complete material list, (great post).

I already have the casters, purchased them months ago when they were on sale, and after I make my drawing, I will post it here for anyone to use.

Just like cars, German, Japanese, American, they all have an engine, four wheels, windshield, doors, seats steering wheel, hood, etc, I guess no one an make a car either?

The first drop-on-demand ink-jet printer was invented by Siemens in 1977, how come everybody and there brother can make ink-jet printers today?

:cool1:

Try seeing this from Herman's perspective... he's spent a boat load of Euros designing, developing and marketing a product which belongs to him. Appointing a US distributor is a major step for a small German company.. he's probably remortgaged his house to fund everything.

I'm sorry but I fail utterly to see anything humorous about destroying someones business by reverse engineering their product and sticking the CAD drawings needed to make it online as freeware. If roles were reversed I can guarantee you would be seriously pi$$ed.

If you design & develop your own vinyl storage device you can donate it to signs101 or you can sell it commercially... the point being is YOU have a choice what you want to with your design.

Tim Aucoin

For the record, I have absolutely no intention of providing anything but the pictures I've posted as far as details on the racks. I would suggest if anyone wants more specific details or plans on these items, contact Yellotools and ask them! I'm pretty sure they are not worried about pictures going out regardless of the detail. At ISA, there were people coming up to the TreeMax Easy Reach rack and taking several pictures of it in detail with (is it Herman?) standing right there watching them and telling them about the rack. I really would challenge anyone to match the quality and workmanship of these. If you can, then just think... there is so much more to this rack than wood and screws. The CRAFTSMANSHIP and ATTENTION TO SPECIFIC DETAIL is worth much more than the material the rack is made of. I know for a fact that these racks will still be standing in 10 years, and to me, that's a very good investment! :popcorn:

HulkSmash

you're right TIm,
i dont want you to think im down talking purchasing those. I just think they're a bit over priced. I'm glad they serve you well though! Good luck with getting everything organized. It looks stellar so far!!

GypsyGraphics

Tim... your shop is AWESOME!!!!

i was looking at them first thing this morning and wanted to be the first to post... you KNOW how i love shop pics! :loveya:

i was just getting ready to make a list of questions, when pesky clients started interrupting my viewing session. and darn it all... when i snuck back to peek again a client had the nerve to show up during business hours! don't ya just hate that.... can't even sneek a peek at some Hot Shop Pics.

15 minutes till closing... can't wait! it's like shop p0rn!:clapping:

GypsyGraphics

aaahhh free to ogle... and make my list of questions.
guess i should read throug the thread first... probably all been asked and answered.

fmg

It looks a nice rack system however for that price tag I could make my own interpretation of that rack.Some Birch plywood, A router, sander, drill and a table saw and a few bits of hardware.
Some poly to finish and you have it.

GypsyGraphics

pic 1:
what's that clamp doing there on the side of the shelf (me likey clamps, looks like a stanley)
does that tape on the floor define the office space (like Les Nesman)
what's hiding under that clear plastic cover

ok not really gonna pellet you with questions that dumb, but i don't know what a lot of you machines are so i'm sure most of my questions will sound dumb.

pic 2:
is that the HP Latex?
what's that orange machine next to it?
(never mind, asked and answered)

pic 3:
i'd like more info on that cutter!

pic 4:
oh yeah baby... thems some niiiiice racks! casters and all
how come some have little hockey stick ends.... handles?

pic 5:
what the machine against the wall on the right?

pic 6:
what that machine???? a laser engraver?

pic 7:
what are those things that look like speakers?

pic 8:
foreground, obvisluly printers, but i'm curios what each is for
what's the machine in the background by the phone

pic 9 & 10:
i'm goooood

pic 11:
ok need info on both... is that Snap-on a compressor? (another clamp, gotta know what that one's job is too?

pic 12:
i'm jealous of your big squeegee collection!!!!

last question.... can i come play in your shop?

shakey0818

pic 1:
what's that clamp doing there on the side of the shelf (me likey clamps, looks like a stanley)
does that tape on the floor define the office space (like Les Nesman)
what's hiding under that clear plastic cover

ok not really gonna pellet you with questions that dumb, but i don't know what a lot of you machines are so i'm sure most of my questions will sound dumb.

pic 2:
is that the HP Latex?
what's that orange machine next to it?
(never mind, asked and answered)

pic 3:
i'd like more info on that cutter!

pic 4:
oh yeah baby... thems some niiiiice racks! casters and all
how come some have little hockey stick ends.... handles?

pic 5:
what the machine against the wall on the right?

pic 6:
what that machine???? a laser engraver?

pic 7:
what are those things that look like speakers?

pic 8:
foreground, obvisluly printers, but i'm curios what each is for
what's the machine in the background by the phone

pic 9 & 10:
i'm goooood

pic 11:
ok need info on both... is that Snap-on a compressor? (another clamp, gotta know what that one's job is too?

pic 12:
i'm jealous of your big squeegee collection!!!!

last question.... can i come play in your shop?

Thats all the questions you could come up with GG?

GypsyGraphics

actually, i had a lot more, but didn't want to look tooo dumb. i probably should have tried a little harder.

i really don't know anything about printers... i out source all mine... but i'm still curious. like to know which ones do what.

shakey0818

actually, i had a lot more, but didn't want to look tooo dumb. i probably should have tried a little harder.

i really don't know anything about printers... i out source all mine... but i'm still curious. like to know which ones do what.

I know u had a lot more and were holding back,lol.Nice to see ya here its a bit quiet here tonight.