• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop truck design

SuncitySigns

Thoughts people?

P.S the flouroish yellow stripe would be diamond grade fluro yellow reflective due the the fact I have a lot to do with the mining industry in Western Australia

Attachments

• Work Ute.jpg
    Work Ute.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 121

S'N'S

Looks ok to me but do you think the flouro yellow diamond reflective might be a bit bright compared to the rest of the colours in your design.

SuncitySigns

Bright is the idea... Most trucking/mining company's I do work for the yellow stripe is compulsory on there vehicles an to enter most of there yards/mine sites it's compulsory on all vehicles as well.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I like it. Clean and readable without a bunch of fills like a gawdy wrap.

And you Aussies have some cool utes... nothing like we have here in the states.

visual800

I like the design and the blue stripe i do not like the reflctive one

the redlective stripe take over the whole truck, i personally dont like that

BUT this is your biz and you no more than I do about what sells down there.

Jeff

I know the diamond grade reflective is difficult to cut letters out of (I have messed with the stuff myself) but I would want the SUN CITY & the SIGNS panel out of the diamond grade fluro yellow reflective even if I had to hand cut them. So your name is visible as well when the reflective lights up.

Other wise I like the layout.

Jeff

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Basically, I like it, but the yellow does seem to cut the truck in half. Possibly, if you made the two look like they connected, it might have a different appeal.

under mine.jpg

What is that black tubular thing in front of your windshield ?? Looks like a periscope. Do you attack oncoming submarines left over from WWII ??

SuncitySigns

Thanks for comments guys...

Mite make couple minor changes, also may turn the fluro stripe to a nicer plain non reflective yellow and see if I can get away with it. It's not like i spend all my time out at these over safety conscious work places!!

The black "thing" is an air snorkel attached to the engines air intake which without the extension would normally be sitting behind the headlight were its prone to suck up dust rich air whilst traveling outback roads and it is also for doing water crossings as the engine in this Nissan Navara (frontier to you yanks) is a turbo diesel and as long as it can breath it will do a water crossing up too about 4 feet deep ;)

Billct2

I like it.
My 2cents . Move the logo back a bit on the door. Do the tagline services in Upper/Lower case.

SuncitySigns

Made a couple changes guys. Centred the logo in the front door and changed the shopping list to lower case rather then upper case.
Having a lot of issues with the tail gate design though as Im constricted by the black plastic piece around the handle an the tie down points for he soft bed cover....any thoughts?

PS I'm unable to put anything on the rear window as this truck now has a soft canopy on the bed with roll up back & sides :/

Attachments

• Work Ute sides.jpg
    Work Ute sides.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Work Ute back.jpg
    Work Ute back.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 88

Kottwitz-Graphics

I think the only thing I would change is on the rear corner. I would attempt to wrap the blue stripe around the corner, for a finished look.

SuncitySigns

Haha I spent some time in the states in 02 Pat an all you yanks just wanted to do was hear us Aussies talk an say our weird sayings, that one always got attention lol

Can't wait to come back stateside by the way. Loved it so much!!

The printing on reflective!! Your a bloody geniuses Pat!!
Now there's an idea I could run with. Could then get rid of the single fluro yellow stripe an maybe print a more chrome yellow on white reflective hmmmmm :)