• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop truck magnetics

Jeff

I go in streaks, sometimes having my truck "permanently" lettered, then wanting to have the versatility of not lettered sometimes. This is my most recent set of magnetics.

Ranger magnetics jpeg 1-17-13.jpg

Jeff

Thanks.

Cut vinyl, Magnum magnetic material, hand cut to shape with x-acto.

These are some older shop truck magnetics. Stuck on the overhead door, same process.
Ranger magnetics red-gray jpeg 1-17-13.jpg Ranger magnetics flo orange jpeg 1-17-13.jpg

Billct2

We've done the same thing several times pending a "real" lettering job. A nice layout with a contour cut really makes a difference.

Jillbeans

I've done the same thing.
I love it when something ordinary like magnetic signs looks very custom.
Nice work.
Love....Jill

Jeff

I wondered how long it would take for someone to ask that.

Jeff's Lettering was officially started in 1987, but people often ask "how long have you been doing this" so a few years ago I changed the tag to since 1980. That is when I first started pushing a brush.

phototec

Hi Jeff,

You do some really NICE work!

However I not 100% sure what it is, are you saying this sign below is layered CUT VINYL on a magnetic sheet and not digitally printed?

If so, how many layers, colors of gray are you using to get the bevel effect?

Do you have any photos of the production process used.

As mentioned, it really looks GREAT!

:clapping:

Attachments

• Ranger%20magnetics%20red-gray%20jpeg%201-17-13.jpg
    Ranger%20magnetics%20red-gray%20jpeg%201-17-13.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 135

Jeff

On average I just do a two color convex letter, occasionally (on my stuff) I will add a third color or like these add the white at the peak of the bevel.

Attached is from the cut file for these. Red installed first then black, meg gray, light gray and white. White border is the magnetic material.

Jeff mags w-reg marks.JPG Jeff mags red cut jpeg.jpg Jeff mags black cut jpg.jpg Jeff mags med-gray cut jpg.jpg Jeff mags light-gray cut jpg.jpg Jeff mags white cut jpg.jpg Jeff mags white2 cut jpg.jpg

Jeff

Quite nice. More layers than I'd care to deal with, but still very nice. :thumb:

That many layers is not the norm that we produce. Although we do have customers that are willing to pay for it sometimes.

We do out source some printing, but we have no desire to own printing equipment ourselves. So if I want to do something that "looks"
like the old painting days we suffer through the layers.:rolleyes:

phototec

That many layers is not the norm that we produce. Although we do have customers that are willing to pay for it sometimes.

We do out source some printing, but we have no desire to own printing equipment ourselves. So if I want to do something that "looks"
like the old painting days we suffer through the layers.:rolleyes:

What font did you use for the "Lettering", looks great!

SignManiac

Missed this thread until I saw your post in the other thread. Nice looking sign. I too have always been a fan of profile cut mags. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever made a rectangle magnetic sign before????