• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Truck Wrap

OlsonSigns601

I don't normally post my designs (Just afraid I would be told I'm no good I guess) but I thought I would give it a try as I've been thinking about this wrap for a few months now and I've got to get it done this week.

We're going to be in the Memorial Day Parade and we wanted to wrap our truck to match the van we've already wrapped which locals call the "Captain America Van" Picture of that can be see on our facebook page. www.facebook.com/OlsonSigns

Anyway, trying to stick to a patriotic theme without going all red white and blue like the van. Wanted something industrial with nice lines but wanted to make it easy to wrap. Avoiding lines that have to be perfectly straight on the front as I can already tell its going to be pain to wrap as its wheel wells are like that of a PT Cruiser.

My Dad (Tom) drives this van home and his dog is Buster.

Any suggestions or feedback you can provide would greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Door.jpg
    Door.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 145

SignManiac

Something about the gold diamond plate ruins it for me. I think the overall concept is good but it needs more tweaking.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Also.... Good luck with the grey background. I avoid them at all costs....unless you have been able to successfully get a good grey print instead of green.

OlsonSigns601

Printer prints grays as seen on the screen. Even the gold in the unpopular diamond plate prints really well. The only issue I've had a problem with is my Red sometimes looks like orange, but I think I've got it worked out good in this design.

I used to have an issue with the gray printing with purple in it, but I've fixed that by getting the right profile.

As for the Diamond Plate, I personally like it as the gold brushed gives it something original. Its just a texture I found on my computer, that I thought gave my current logo a different look but stays consistent in original style I've been using for several years now.

I was thinking of wrapping the doors as a separate graphic then printing and cutting screw heads to go around the lines of the door as shown.

Also, the Texture is from Aurora Graphics not this ProWraps. Although I do find it funny if you do an Google image search for ProWraps.

cdiesel, I appreciate your feedback. I'm trying to keep it on an industrial/military theme. I'm trying to incorporate metallic textures that go with the WWII texture. Any suggestions on how to accomplish that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Door2.jpg
    Door2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 107

Stuckup

Do your design. Its sedate, and then on the rear, tear it in half and add colour to it, show what you can do, even a collage of local touristy areas or local jobs, even a far out wild design, show your a part of the local community. Just be different. Thats my 2 cents worth.

Stuckup

Even go Camouflage rear half, little text if all, let the job sell itself. You wont need to sell it. A good job sells itself.

Joe Diaz

If this were my truck, and I were going with this theme, The only thing that would really make sense to me is to lose the logo you have on there now, and substitute it with an alternate version of your logo that looks like authentic nose art. Perhaps you could use some period accurate scripts. Maybe even a sexy pinup. I would lose the diamond plate and make it look as though the graphics were painted on. Using a bit of transparency to your lettering and graphics, and allowing the panels and rivets to show through, will give it the illusion that the graphics were painted on.

Not sure If that would help your brand as a whole, but I'm unsure how this airplane look helps your brand. My thought is if you going to commit to that look, do it all the way and do it right. Google search nose art for some ideas and put your own twist on it.

SignManiac

As for the Diamond Plate, I personally like it as the gold brushed gives it something original.

Of all the things in your design now, the diamond plate is the least original element on there. It's been done to death by every shop with a printer and a fills CD. So seeing that you're dead set on using that for a logo, I'll just wish you the best of luck.

Stuckup

crap, make Diamond Plate your own, you know you want to. if you use it, USE IT. FULLY, but usually diamond plate users are contractors or low earners.