• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ShopVox & Corebridge - Job costing

Hutchdm

Hi, Can any ShopVox and/or Corebridge users let me know how they go job costing at the end of the project? Do you record employees time against the job easily and materials used? Have been trying to see if there is an easy way to do this and record it for each job? Do you use these systems also to record work hours for payroll purposes of your employees too?"

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use the time clock in CoreBridge. We have both systems and neither have an easy way to track and bill actual job costs with out manual oversight and editing.

Dan360

The function isn't very practical in CoreBridge, I heard they were looking at changing it somehow but I never liked the idea of doing it that way. We have quality control forms that get filled out on every docket with design/install times and to ensure proper steps are taken by sales, design and production during any job.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
The function isn't very practical in CoreBridge, I heard they were looking at changing it somehow but I never liked the idea of doing it that way. We have quality control forms that get filled out on every docket with design/install times and to ensure proper steps are taken by sales, design and production during any job.

Would you be willing to share your forms by any chance? I can send you a PM with my email if you'd prefer not to share publicly. If you'd rather not, I completely understand. Just figured I'd ask as we're working towards implementing this as well.

Thank you.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Have been trying to see if there is an easy way to do this and record it for each job?
Those softwares should provide a cost breakdown for each quoted line item of a given size, time, and quantity for each component of a product & service. Just compare the quoted breakdown values to values recorded by operators, either blindly or not.

A form might be a grid for each line item with columns for Material Qty, Machine Time, Labor Time & rows for each product / service component.

Hutchdm

OP must not work in a sign shop...
Been working in sign shops for more than 30 years. Just looking at new business software and these two options both don't seem to job cost very well. Our current system does this well but falls down in other areas. Do you have any solutions?

Hutchdm

So what's your current system?
Its a filemaker based system written by a company in Australia. Not dedicated to the sign industry but adaptable. It does a basic crm, is strong on time logging & job sheets etc but not quoting or scheduling so we are trying to get a system that incorporates , or integrates the processes more comprehensively. We have looked at quite a few software systems and the two I have asked about seem to be close to what we are after.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Its a filemaker based system written by a company in Australia. Not dedicated to the sign industry but adaptable. It does a basic crm, is strong on time logging & job sheets etc but not quoting or scheduling so we are trying to get a system that incorporates , or integrates the processes more comprehensively. We have looked at quite a few software systems and the two I have asked about seem to be close to what we are after.
I don't think you will find anything that does both quoting and job actuals well for the sign industry. There are plugins for QuickBooks that can be adapter but I don't think there is a comprehensive sign based system.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Well then, this is a slam dunk. Just get a quote from them to incorporate the functionality. If it is already accounting for time and job sheets, it should already have the necessary tables as sources to facilitate what you’re asking.

Any bookkeeper and most managers can visualize how to implement your request if using a spreadsheet or two. The same concept is used with Filemaker, which you already own. You would be using the tool for exactly what is intended; which is to build your own data solutions. Oftentimes a manager, a bookkeeper, and a graphic designer have input for something that works they way they need.