• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Short Changed

Progress23

Hello all!
I'm not only brand new to this site but also to forums and threads so I hope you will cut an old man some slack.

I found you while searching for info on a problem I'm having with my plotters and/or Flexi 7.5.

I have spent some time navigating around the site and have not found an answer to my problem.

I run A Roland CJ70 and a Summa D120. I'm using Flexi 7.5. and work strictly with vinyl (no print)

Everything in the production manager seems ok but I'm loosing approximately .25" off every 4' I cut. I use 48.5" vinyl rolls and I cut pieces up to 100' long so I'm loosing anywhere up to 6".
I thought it may be the rollers but it still drops a quarter inch on a 4' piece.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
hmmm. Sounds like the plotter's stepper motor is not advancing the same distance per step as the driver is set to. Example: The driver settings are for a 1mm step but the plotter is only moving .75mm per step. The result would be what you are describing.

Not sure if there is a setting in Flexi Production Manager or not. You might have to tweek the driver to work with the plotter.

Progress23

Thanks cali,

I have been into the output size compensation and on the Roland it doesn't have setting for cut, only for print. (it use to be a cutter printer but only used for cut now).

The option for output size doesn't highlight with the Summa.

Thanks for the reply Mike,

I will check to see if I can access the driver settings. I keep thinking it has something to do with the production manager as I'm getting the same problem with both plotters.

Not much of a tecky so I hope I don't have to tweak anything...lol

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Did you check in the Production Manager "Setup Properties" , "Default Job Properties" , "job size" and make sure both are set to 100%?

Progress23

Hey Mike,

Yes I did check and it's set to 100%. I have gone over and over the production manager but I have to be missing something. I'm going crazy!!

Thanks for your input Mike and please if you think of anything else I could check or try please let me know.

Thanks

Progress23

TyrantDesigner!!

Yes thank you, I went back to the other forum and printed your instructions.
Will give it a go.

I use a Roland CJ70 and a Summa D120. I'm using Flexi 7.5