• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shortchanged???

signrios

sounds weird but i think i've been shortchanged by magnum magnetics??
i ordered a roll of 10 ft from fellers, it comes in a box.

friday a made 2 sets of magnets so thats 4 ft.
today i unrolled the remaider and i only have 3 ft left?

has this happened to any one before?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
sounds weird but i think i've been shortchanged by magnum magnetics??
i ordered a roll of 10 ft from fellers, it comes in a box.

friday a made 2 sets of magnets so thats 4 ft.
today i unrolled the remaider and i only have 3 ft left?

has this happened to any one before?

Yes. All you can do is report it and hope someone will do the honest thing.
Do you still have the box it was shipped in ?? :covereyes:
If so, see what the weight was marked on it and ask them what 10' of material should weigh and see if it matches.

I used to buy 10 yd rolls from a local yokel supplier that I always suspected were short. I measured the last two I bought and they were two yards short.

signrios

gino, i've just scavengered my trash, i found the box, it doesn't show anything about the weight, only the job id.

"Deposit Please"

Then that's not good. Everyone is probably getting cheated. When was the last time any of us rolled out a 150' roll of vinyl and put a tape measure to it.
Call Fellers first thing in the morning

Pat Whatley

Then that's not good. Everyone is probably getting cheated. When was the last time any of us rolled out a 150' roll of vinyl and put a tape measure to it.
Call Fellers first thing in the morning

Never done that but I've rolled out enough 10 yard rolls to hypothesize what's going on. Somebody orders 10 yards, they cut that plus a couple of extra feet as insurance off the roll. Next person orders 10 yards, they do the same thing. Then again, and again. The last sucker to order 10 yards gets shortchanged by 8 feet or more. I can't tell you how many times I needed right at 30' of vinyl for a job only to get a roll that was 25'.

Call Fellers, they'll take care of it.