• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shortcut to creating carbon fiber look? Pic inside

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I'm recreating a logo that was sent to me. The original designer designed it in Photoshop, so I need a vector and he doesn't have one. The attached picture is one of the letters with the desired effect. How do I go about recreating the fill so I can edit it, for example this one is blue but he wants red instead. I'm figuring there will be other color changes at some point in the future as well. I will be working in Corel 15, or 16 if needed. I typically can find a pretty good work around for anything I need, but the gradient and effect combined is throwing me this time.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 108

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Or would I design the weave and add a lens over the entire object? I'm thinking... just don't know the best way to do this.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The pattern is different in my carbon fiber fills. To simply change the color, I would use Photoshop and the Quick Selection Tool. It took about 30 seconds to get a clean selection on the two parts with carbon fiber. Once selected, you can either do a desaturate to make it gray and add a transparent layer on top in the color of your choice. Or, easier yet, simply do a Hue adjustment to change the blue to the color of your choice.

Carbon Color.jpg

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm looking to make a vector. When I blow this image up to put it on a trailer, it's gonna get real fuzzy real quick. Sorry for not specifying that earlier.

Stanton

Tell your customer that the "art" is pathetic and useless.

Be kind.

His eleven year old nephew has mad click skills,
but, no talent whatsoever.

Sell him your art instead.

OR, send him to your competition.
Let them laugh.

That is less than child internet option grab click crap.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you google "Carbon fiber vector fill"
you will have multiple options that should work in Illy Corel and maybe even flexi.
I did not do a direct link as I don't have time to find out if these "free" fills are really free..... you'll need to do that to stay on the up and up.

wayne k
guam usa

Christian @ 2CT Media

That is easily replicatable in coreldraw, do you have the font? There are numerous carbon fiber weaves that are true vectors that can be used as a fill.