• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I app tape a printed graphic for installing or not?

signmeup

I don't apply many prints to the sides of trucks but I'm doing one tomorrow. I've always app taped them but do I need to or can I just put it on as is? It's laminated.
Should have mentioned - it's about 3' x 6'.

gabagoo

I would probably do it no different than putting it on a substrate laying flat. Big Squeegee!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What material are you using?
If it is air release it would be faster without it.
App tape is not going to hurt anything installing a single panel that small, should keep it from stretching out of shape.

wayne k
guam usa

signmeup

It just says "Orajet" on the back of it. No air release. I was planning on a centre hinge and a regular squeegee.

wes70

If it's laminated you don't need app tape. Center hinge and squeegee with velcro (soft side) so it won't scratch laminate surface.

ronl1975

+1 what Wes and Gabagoo said. Although if its not laminated and cut on a printed area, it may edge curl.

Mosh

It just says "Orajet" on the back of it.

Grey or white adhesive? if you look at it close you can see if it is air release.
Either way I say no tape is needed. use a felt squeegie or a BS.

signmeup

Gray adhesive. I'm pretty sure it's not air release. I wasn't worried about installing it. It's only a few feet on either side of a hinge. I just didn't know if I needed to bother with app tape. Thanks for the advice.