• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I buy a Mutoh?

Graphixguy01

I currently have a Gerber Edge FX & a GSx15: plotter w/ Gerber Omega 2.6 software. Looking to purchase a Mutoh 1304 -54", Ultima 1300-54" plotter, 54"Drytac Jetmounter Laminator w/ Flexi DX software. The supplier has a demo 1304 and gave me a quote for $25,634. 1304 $18995, DX software included with an option to upgrade to Flexi sign Pro for $2577, Laminator w/stand $4395., 2 days training & install $1800., Freight $445-$25,634. Any thoughts on the cost of the quote? How is the transition of files from Gerber Omega software to Flexi Sign?

I have had the gerber FX & plotter for 1 year so I'm looking to sell that out right, any thoughts on what it's worth?

Thanks in advance for any input.:thankyou:

P

ProWraps™

+1 on that. completely different chassis. much nicer. we love our mutoh.

schurms

Well as I have a Mutoh printer, just a 36 inch jr. The printers are of quality but there service program sucks. I would say do you homework and buy a repo or a used one . Spending that kind odf money in this market is crazy. Check around and get a lot of peoples opinions. Presonally I have a jr with a RIP for $4200. There are alot of things out there to offer.

MacDaddy

I heard of a 64" Demo that comes with a 1 year warranty for 13K, not sure if it is still there though...

PMG

Im very happy with my Mutoh VJ 1204 48",,if i had to do it over again the only thing i would do different is buy the bigger 64" .:rock-n-roll:

I like my 62! Has it's quirks but they all do.
Only other brand printer I would get if I had the funds right now would be a Summa but thats a whole other beast.

LenXIII

I picked up a 1614 64" for $13k at the end of its 1yr warranty. It had low miles and in great shape, seems to be doing good so far. I wouldn't spend 19k on a new 54", look around and find a deal. They were selling the 64" for 18k with a 2yr warranty in december...

jcahill826

Mutoh 1608 64" $13K

They are correct, the Mutoh is a great printer. The 64" is a better bet. If you are interested, I know where a 1608 64" for $13K is.

:wavingflag:

warlind

I'm sitting here w/ my vj1204 down for the 3rd time in 4 weeks. First dampers - then a capping maint station. Now they don't know what is wrong w/ it. Fed Ex on its way to AZ for them to look at prints. Not too happy w/ it so far.

warlind

keep your gerber - they are not worth a lot but we still use ours all the time (and they are bullet proof!)

DRPSignsNGrafix

Keep your Gerber as well. WE haev athe 1604 4" Mutoh I've had Jester, Roland and Mutoh. Love the mutoh. Print quality is great and there easy to maintain. Flexi software is nice. I like it a lot. But i have 8.5 Pro. SHop around dealers will give you a good deal on them.

KevSign

I just got use Mutoh 1604 and flexi pro 8.0 from the shop upgrade to Mimaki jv33. He let go the printer to us $10,000 just a little over 1 yr old very low miles. Is this good deal? We still have problem profile with wasatch rip. Some of dark ink look like muddy. So far we printed 1 roll of Oracal 3165RA. Any one need the flexi 8.0 with dongo, book, cd give us an offer, we dont need this.

printman716

I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 64". It needs some work. I am having problems with the black dropping out with lines going left & right. I would consider trading It for a Gerber Edge FX with the software. It's only 3yr old 03/15/06. I used it for the first year in my store front and it ran maby 3 to 4 hour a day 3 day's a week at most. Then thats when It started giving me problems after the warranty ran out. Business got very slow here In NJ so I shut It down. I purchased 4 months ago new heads, capping station & pump. And that only worked for a month. I know this printer will and can perform very well with a contract. The cost for the contract Is around $2100.00. So if anybody wants to trade something for It let e know. What I should have purchased was a UV printer, but I didn't

Robert M

ISA show price

Here are the ISA show special prices you can pick up a new printer with a two year warranty for.

Model 1304 54" 14,995.00
Model 1614 64" 18,995.00

Allied Digital

Have been looking for someone w the Mutoh ValueJet
How long have you had it - do you have much experience w it yet? I am getting "wrong data format"
Ever had this?

renntech

we can probaly make a package deal as we are looking to upgrade...we have a mutoh vj 54 and graphtec 8000 that has low miles both purchased in jan 09 ...hollar if interested...