• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I buy a Mutoh?

Allied Digital

Mutoh owners - does the head carriage look like this?

I have been having a problem w hairline streaks (for lack of a better word) that randomly appear.
Have tried sooo many things and cleaned everything like crazy.
So I have recently noticed this (attached). Is the left side of the head supposed to have the sponge-looking thing that is on the right side of the head?
I am at my wits end - not to mention the time and $ waisted in ink and media...
** first time attaching image - let me know if the quality is bad & I will re-send

Attachments

• HeadCarriage.jpg
    HeadCarriage.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 87

SE SignSupply

Most of the printers I have seen in the field have lost those "sponges". Unless you have collected fibers in that area between the bumper and the head I doubt that is causing the problems. Post a picture of the problem.

printman716

I feel very strongly that I was ripped off by mutoh. I paid 15,000 for my falcon outdoor and It worked for the first 8 months and after that It has never and I mean NEVER worked right since! I have changed all the Inks, heads, capping station, pump,rubber lines, the 6 little things that hold the ink In the heads (forget the name of them?). I pay 300.00 a month for a printer that I can't get working! I think Mutoh should replace It with "something" "Anything" just long as It Fuc#%@* PRINTS! I would even think of trading the thing for something that prints....mabeya used Gerber edge with the software...somthing that prints? I don't know. I am so Pissed at mutho. But If I look at the bright side of this whole thing...I have become a professional digital sign guy with printers...he he he ha ha ha I have totally lost my mine?!?!?

randya

I feel very strongly that I was ripped off by mutoh. I paid 15,000 for my falcon outdoor and It worked for the first 8 months and after that It has never and I mean NEVER worked right since! I have changed all the Inks, heads, capping station, pump,rubber lines, the 6 little things that hold the ink In the heads (forget the name of them?). I pay 300.00 a month for a printer that I can't get working! I think Mutoh should replace It with "something" "Anything" just long as It Fuc#%@* PRINTS! I would even think of trading the thing for something that prints....mabeya used Gerber edge with the software...somthing that prints? I don't know. I am so Pissed at mutho. But If I look at the bright side of this whole thing...I have become a professional digital sign guy with printers...he he he ha ha ha I have totally lost my mine?!?!?

Mutoh doesnt sell printers direct, so unless you've contacted Mutoh, they may not have any idea of what your problem is and why the issue has not been resolved as you say.

You should contact Mutoh, they can check both sides of this story and your service history as well.

support@mutoh.com

You can always contact our GM if you have issues with a dealer or with Mutoh itself.

http://www.mutoh.com/contact/customer_opinion.html

We have made a lot of changes in the Service Department in the last few years and strive to take care of our customers in a fair and honest fashion.

Last edited: