• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I call for service

Drip Dry

I have the new 360 for almost a year. i've had the same constant problem of the material getting jammed as it goes into the curing station. It dose'nt happen all the time, but when it does, I lose prints and at one time it damaged a print head.

So, before the warranty runs out, should I call and complain.

I'm just concerned that if a service guy comes and it dosen't happen, he's going to turn
that imaginary screw and say "There you go, try that"

Drip Dry

Just about everything I put in it.

But especially banner material... Avery 2903 and paper stock
I'm doing a wrap now and it jammed half way through a panel ( that's expensive )

It seems especially a problem if the vinyl or paper stays loaded overnight.
i don't think I should have to unload and reload it every morning

BALLPARK

But especially banner material... Avery 2903 and paper stock
I'm doing a wrap now and it jammed half way through a panel ( that's expensive )

We have a Roland and cannot leave the media on overnight as it will warp it around the pinch rollers. I would think that would be on any printer with a pinch roll system. It also leaves the roller mark on the media and my gut tells me it could not be good to leave the pinch rollers down all the time as it could mess with the roller.

I would call in for sure... Then find out if it's user error or an issue. If it's user error it will be easy to see the changes. If you follow their suggestions and still get the issues then make them come onsite for sure.

Good luck...

How do you like your latex printer? Other than the issue at hand...

jfiscus

Rap Master
That happens here sometimes also when you forget to feed out some material before hitting print. That usually happens when you forget and leave the RIP set to automatically print after ripping. If I feed the material through the curing/heating area before hitting print it doesn't do this. However, we still haven't ran a lot of materials through our 360 yet; only wrap vinyls.

Romney

Running an Hp DesignJet L25500 60"

Reloading the material is the standard for me now. If it (thick material especially) sits in there too long you will experience the tell tale crunch of a substrate jam.:covereyes::covereyes::covereyes:

klmjff

We have the 360 also and found out VERY early that you need to pull the substrate past the curing plate, then press print.

You waste a little material, but not enough to bankrupt your biz

TheSnowman

My 310 always wanted to smash into the material after the head would move around a little after the ink had cured. I took the temps down like 20 degrees and it seems to have fixed it. Haven't really had an issue since. I'm not sure if that's the same point yours is giving you trouble, but that worked for me.