• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I extend my warranty on my HP L26500?

JoeBoomer

My warranty runs out tomorrow on my HP L26500. So far I have gotten a new take-up motor (some small plastic piece broke so they replaced the whole thing). I saw the part online for like $1500 or something crazy so it just makes me think that one or two fixes like this would offset the cost of the warranty pretty quickly. Plus having next day service without having to worry about the cost is pretty nice feeling.

1 Year warranty = $2,800
New printer = $18k-ish

Warranty = 1/6 price of new machine

What do you guys think?

danno

We have kept ours up. The thing is too temperamental to think about the cost of repairing without it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Simple answer....Yes.

If you have a knowledgeable HP Tech or an Employee who is mechanically inclined, possibly....No.

The parts are relatively inexpensive for most items, but what is your down time worth? What is your delayed or lost business worth?

A bad heating element will set you back $2000+ for the part, and it's a know fact that at around 70k sq ft they go out. It's always a gamble, but you have to determine the value to you.