Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the cutter carriage have resistance during Limit Initialization?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by John., Apr 6, 2020.

1. John.

John. Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Guys,

Today my SP-540v stopped during a print, and read "Motor Error 0010 0010" - I powered down and back on and it started printing OK, but occurred again at the same position - I'm pretty sure my scan motor is toast. It's jittery and since it has slammed the cut carriage into the head shortly after powering on.

I tried to run the limit initialization but I'm getting resistance from the motor when I attempt to slide the cutter carriage to the down position - I don't recall this being the case previously when I did it years ago.

Would you consider this to be a motor problem or a servo board?

Thanks in advance for any tips, advice or knowledge.

Tags:
  2. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Do you have resistance too when trying to move the head when the printer is switched off? If yes, it is not a problem of the servo board.

These motors could wear out.

3. John.

John. Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, there is no resistance when the power is off. I've ordered in a new scan motor, and will try that before I change the board.

Fingers crossed the motor is the issue