• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Show Me" Function

thesignplace

I am setting up another cutter to be used for a specific purpose. The problem is after design i send to cut it goes to production manager, I usually click on the little square, the cutter will go back and forth to show the bounderies of whatever i am cutting. I cant get this function to work on this other machine. IF you hold your mouse over the square icon in production manager it will say "show me" how do i turn this function on?
I am running Flexi pro 7.5 on windows xp

thesignplace

The other cutter is a Graphtec fc 4100. its on a different computer but running same operating system and same software and it works fine.
have any idea on this?
Thanks in advance...

CS-SignSupply

Are you using a USB cable to conect to the cutter. I was told that USB doesn't support the "Show Me" function. I hate that too!

This is correct. However, I believe teh 4100 did not have USB.

On the computer that is working correctly, do you have the 4100 listed also as a printer in the Windows printers?

My guess is that you do but do not have it loaded properly on the other computer.

What port on the two computers?

qmr55

Are you using a USB cable to conect to the cutter. I was told that USB doesn't support the "Show Me" function. I hate that too!

This is correct. However, I believe teh 4100 did not have USB.

On the computer that is working correctly, do you have the 4100 listed also as a printer in the Windows printers?

My guess is that you do but do not have it loaded properly on the other computer.

What port on the two computers?

Are you sure this is correct Bobby? I am running a CE5000-60 and use the "show me" function in flexi all the time and I am on a USB cable.

jayhawksigns

Are you sure this is correct Bobby? I am running a CE5000-60 and use the "show me" function in flexi all the time and I am on a USB cable.
Same here with a Summa S140T. Running through a USB extension cable to a USB hub, then to the cutter. No issues.

CS-SignSupply

Some versions of cutters and only some versions of Flexi were affected, but not all.

I will see if I can find the release notes about it.

qmr55

Plug the cutter into the computer you usually cut from, try the show me function from there. If it works...it's a problem with the other computer. If it doesn't work, the cutter doesn't support the show me function.

CS-SignSupply

Affected 7.6v1 (Roland)

If interactive is on, pressing Show Me will now work (it turns interactive off automatically) - 7.0v2 - all devices

All I can find right away.

visual800

are you sure it says SEND NOW in the little box instead of HOLD IN LIST? sometimes that has happened to me

LittleSnakey

I lost the ability to use the show me when I changed from a lpt cable to a usb cable for our roland pnc-950 from flexi maybe thats the difference.

thewvsignguy

It also depends on the cutter. Flexi has to be able to communicate with the cutter, it could be an issue with the lower end cutter firmware or in my experience the cable was the issue with the show me function not working.