• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Show me yours, and I'll show you mine (SHOP that is)

stickermonkey

haha...ok...so I originally posted a thread about "what size garage I should have"...but I guess what I'm really looking for is some ideas and inspiration on how to layout my shop to better utilize what I have. That or this place is going up for sale and I'm finding another shop! lol Here are some pics of my shops interior and exterior along with the yard that I am proposing building my garage on. I have about 1000 or so sqr feet that I am using for reception, my office and production. And roughly 800 sqr feet of space that is being used for storage & mess. I'd like to use that space for my office/meeting space as well as coffee/lunch room in the back portion. I've been in this space for about 4 years. I'm bursting at the seams but I know that if I rework the space to suit the workflow that it could work out just fine. Especially if I can swing that new garage. :) Suggestions??? :thankyou:

Attachments

• front to back.jpg
    front to back.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 121
  • production area.jpg
    production area.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 103
  • storefront.jpg
    storefront.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 124
  • vacant lot.jpg
    vacant lot.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 109

iSign

while you wait, I can tell you these sort of threads come up once or twice a year, & if you search for them.. each one starts with someone saying...

these sort of threads come up once or twice a year, & if you search for them..

anyway, once you hit a few with your search. they end up with several people posting links to other older threads & soon... you can literally lose a whole day looking at all the cool shop pics!!

stickermonkey

while you wait, I can tell you these sort of threads come up once or twice a year, & if you search for them.. each one starts with someone saying...

anyway, once you hit a few with your search. they end up with several people posting links to other older threads & soon... you can literally lose a whole day looking at all the cool shop pics!!

thx guys!! I'll try that... I've not had much luck with the searches as of yet...but I'll try again.

SignManiac

If you do end up with a new shop, don't forget to leave room for the pool table, ping pong table, dart board and 22' shuffle board table. It really makes a huge improvement on overall work environment and moral.

gabagoo

If you do end up with a new shop, don't forget to leave room for the pool table, ping pong table, dart board and 22' shuffle board table. It really makes a huge improvement on overall work environment and moral.

dont forget the comfy chair!!!! oh and a bed

stickermonkey

and a 22' indoor, inground swimming pool too!!! And I can go to my main competitor _&_ Pools, Spas & Graphics to buy it! lol

I can't find anything...c'mon....show me some pics SignManiac!!

SignManiac

Here are a few. And I just added a recent one that I took a few minutes ago. The shop is a mess right now. The plane is taking up a lot of space inside the building.

Attachments

• Pong.jpg
    Pong.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 96
  • New Shop Building.jpg
    New Shop Building.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 100
  • New building layout.jpg
    New building layout.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 94
  • new table-01.JPG
    new table-01.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 116
  • shuffleboard.JPG
    shuffleboard.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 114
  • shop mess.JPG
    shop mess.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

artsnletters

shop

here's mine: 1800 sq. ft. with way too much stuff/junk depending on how you look at it.
Office and Shop space....can't see it but across back i have a baseball pinball, tron, donkey kong jr, scramble and a 1940's Skee-Ball game from the Long Beach Pike. I've collected a lot of stuff in 20 years...
Tim

Attachments

• 100_1960-1.jpg
    100_1960-1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_1961-1.jpg
    100_1961-1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_2329.jpg
    100_2329.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_2326.jpg
    100_2326.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 111

stickermonkey

Here are a few.

Maniac...where's the pool??? I can hook you up with my main competitor shop..._&_ Pools, Spas & Graphics...lol

Nice shop...like I said...my property has a lot of potential and enough space to build a garage that would suit my needs fine. I'm actually thinking of buying one of those Garage Enclosure type buildings. The industrial type, not the hardware store home shelter type ! lol ...you pour your cement slab and then you have the them come and put the rest together for you. HOnestly though...secretly I'd like to have a whole new place exactly where I am now. But...short of a natural disaster that's not possible. :(

For now...I'm stuck with my funky heritage building that has put me in the poor house with maintenance! lol

What's a gal to do?

stickermonkey

here's mine: 1800 sq. ft. with way too much stuff/junk depending on how you look at it.
Office and Shop space....can't see it but across back i have a baseball pinball, tron, donkey kong jr, scramble and a 1940's Skee-Ball game from the Long Beach Pike. I've collected a lot of stuff in 20 years...
Tim

wow...you'd pull in some nice coin for that collection. ;) Do you do neon ? Or are you just collecting? See now...that's about the amount of space I have not excluding a garage space of course. So, layed out properly I'll be just fine for my needs. It's funny...I when I went down to Toronto a few weeks ago, I went into a few shops looking at some used equipment and I thought my place was messy...lol My husband said to me..."see your place is a palace compared to those places"...My problem is that I have expensive taste in decorp, furniture and I don't have the budget to match. So I move things around and still I am not happy. lol I guess I just have to sink some coin into this place like it or not. There's not a lot of property to choose from.

dang it!