• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Show me yours...lol

Deaton Design

Guy came by the shop the other day, said hey man, I need me some stickers! Shows me where he wants it on his truck, then I ask him what he wants on it. He then rolls up his sleeve and shows me a tattoo. Thats what I want dude!
Actually the first time anyone has ever done that here. After explaining I would need the actual artwork to scan or digitize, and that it would entail alot of time if he didnt have the vector or raster file for it, he said, cool. Ill get back with you...:rock-n-roll:

tsgstl

I had one of those. Luckily it was a pic of a tattoo from a guy. His girlfriend wanted to get him a decal for the back of his car for Xmas. It was a basic tribal type thing so it was pretty ez to recreate.

tattoo.dan

I have had a guy want a decal on his truck that went down just like that...

my favorite though was the lady who wanted her beach scene tattoo on a shirt...

asked if she could show me....and proceeded to unbutton her pants and show me....

luckily she had just shaved or it would have been hard to make out! lol

Best part was that my mother-in-law was there and witnessed the whole thing! I thought I was going to have to get the poor lady some oxygen! :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Had a guy come in a few years ago and wanted his tattoo on his truck. Had a terribly thick Turkish accent. It was some Turkish Defense unit he was in and he said he was a Captain. I took a picture of it, re-drew it by hand and then scanned it in. Digitally produced it and he was so thrilled, he gave me a $100 tip.

He came back a year or two later and got some regular signs for his wife's business. No tattoo involved, but he paid handsomely along with another tip. :wink:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We engraved a stone memorial late last year using the image from a tattoo. The tattoo was a living memorial for his son Alecs, who loved turtles. I used a Wacom tablet and AICS5 to vectorize, and SignLab to cut the stencil.

Alecs was killed in an avalanche a year ago in January. He was a young man who sought adventure at every turn, even to the point of challenging death...and losing. I promised his father I would share his story every chance I could. RIP Alecs. In honor of Alecs and his family, please be respectful with your replies....thank you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-triggering-avalanche-falling-2-400-feet.html

Side note: His father wanted a natural memorial that resembled a mountain. The turtle climbing the mountain is symbolic of Alecs and his adventurous spirit.

JB

Attachments

• Turtle.jpg
    Turtle.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Turtle 2.jpg
    Turtle 2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
nice work!

We engraved a stone memorial late last year using the image from a tattoo. The tattoo was a living memorial for his son Alecs, who loved turtles. I used a Wacom tablet and AICS5 to vectorize, and SignLab to cut the stencil.

Alecs was killed in an avalanche a year ago in January. He was a young man who sought adventure at every turn, even to the point of challenging death...and losing. I promised his father I would share his story every chance I could. RIP Alecs. In honor of Alecs and his family, please be respectful with your replies....thank you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-triggering-avalanche-falling-2-400-feet.html

Side note: His father wanted a natural memorial that resembled a mountain. The turtle climbing the mountain is symbolic of Alecs and his adventurous spirit.

JB