• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shrinkage

AF

Now that's shrinkage! Saw this at a local post office. Over 1/2", not sure what material was used or how long it was on there or who installed it.

IMG_2040.jpg

letterman7

Shrunk into a giant pucker in the middle. Look at the glue residue on the edge! Wonder if it had been done wet...

player

There was a company in Canada that made millions of $ of signs for the USPS.

Transworld Signs. They were eventually bought by a US firm for the contract and moved to the US.

I did subcontracts for them. They used 3m exclusively.

splizaat

That vinyl is probably 25 years old....I've never been to any post office that had fresh graphics.

The fact that the US government would sub out work to a printer out of the country is appalling.

To me it looks like it got we applied but the center areas didn't dry out fully. Somebody leaned against it a bunch and it shifted up and wrinkled. There is no way that if it was applied flat that it shifted that much and folded like that.

AF

To me it looks like it got we applied but the center areas didn't dry out fully. Somebody leaned against it a bunch and it shifted up and wrinkled. There is no way that if it was applied flat that it shifted that much and folded like that.

It is possible a fixture or something was shoved against it at some point, but no way to know for sure. I like your thinking though.