Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SID Triton 83" Eco Solvent printer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by KevSign, Aug 21, 2011.

1. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    I'm just sold my Roland SJ- Pro2 SJ745 (6.5 year old), looking to buy this brand for matter the size and table can print direct foam board etc, banner.

Please let me know that's way to go or stay away from China brand?

83" quote price with table price is $15,999 Single head Epson, $18,900 Dual Head. Ink $60 per liter.

http://www.sidsigns.com/2009/en/equipments/sidtriton/sidtriton.php

I already have Latex L2555, and Designjet Z6100 both 60"

:thankyou:

Kevin

Tags:
  2. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    stay away from china brand

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Obviously your business volume is moving you to the purchase of a flatbed. Your present equipment is NOT "cheap china brand". Take your time and research the flat beds available from HP, VUTEK, CET COLOR, FLORA, etc and invest in the technology that fits your need and budget.

4. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    from what i've read after doing a lot of research, china equals bad (except for skyjet), taiwan much better, korea very very good. so not all asian manufacturers as a group can be lumped together. after all, japan is an "asian" manufacturer. i looked at the nicholas hellmuth sight and could not find any site visits or reviews on this printer. i'd be very hesitant to buy any printer, swiss, german, japanese, etc. without detailed reviews of what these printers are like. also, an installed trade show model working means nothing. companies like HP have displayed working "new" models that later on were the lemons of the century ($100,000 printers requiring $150,000 in repairs in the first 12 months).

that said, common dx5 solvent printers are getting to be "low" tech at this point. it seems that with enough stealing of intellectual property, the chinese would be able to put one together by now.

5. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Artbot, you are absolutely correct. The Korean printers, specifically the Milano UV printers are splendid machines. The point I was trying to emphasize was patience in the purchase in order to prevent the purchase of a "lemon".